Coil is more sensitive on one side ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all..I was in creswick today and found a little nugget about a .02 I'm using a 12" evo on my 4500 I noticed when I waved the nugget over the left side of coil it gave me a really good call it pretty much screamed but when I checked it on the right side the call was much less I would say less the %50 quieter I'm just wondering if this is normal or should I take it back under warranty?any thoughts would be appreciated cheers

I rang the guys at Coiltek Maryborough today and asked them what they thought.they said it's the way mono coils are they have a sweet spot where the target is very loud and more sensitive then the rest of the coil..I try my commander coil next time see if it does the same ?? Thanks for your opinion guys

Funny you mention that as Ive always thought my 12 picked up targets better on the left side. Then again when I think about it I think my 15 does the same so Im thinking its just me thinking it does. Might have something to do with when the targets out I always go over the left side of the coil?

I am right handed so when I am swinging my detector I have it on my right hand side, so when checking soil in the scoop/hand I am using the left hand side of the coil cause I put it down on my right hand side, if for some reason I check on the right hand side of the coil I second guess it, but the 14 elite seems to favour the front of the coil so it seems to me, so maybe something to it I guess

Occasional_panner said:
Mickybees said:
Occasional_panner said:
Was it .2 or .02?
.02 mate
Jeeeeeeeezus I knew the evo's were pretty good, didn't know they were that good, my stock commander 11 wouldn't pick that up would it?
I think your commander coil would pick it up just depends how deep it is ..the evo is a awesome coil even if only half the coil is super sensitive lol

Latest posts