Somebody in salisbury digging craters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its probably the wrong section to put this post but there is a slight chance the person responsible will read this.
Nearly everywhere I go local lately somebody is digging large holes and making no attempt to fill them in.
They are in local parks and ovals.
The person or persons responsible have no idea what they are doing leaving the rubbish targets on top or still in the hole .
It is giving me grief seeing this wanton destruction because sooner or later the council or caretakers will ban detecting.
I have only ever used a screwdriver and leave no sign.
One classic case this morning alongside a hole at least 2 feet in circumference was a $2 coin 6 inches away from what they were looking for.
I have tried to repair some of the damage but one school oval was that badly dug up I was worried someone would see me trying to fill the holes and think it was me.
Sorry for the tirade but I had to get it off of my chest.
Cheers rod.

Problem catching them is they're gone before you get there buggers. :(

Could be using a gold machine with no discrimination, getting a huge field showing on tiny crap signals n thinking they gotta start digging out at the edge of the signal ,..... probably only last week they were lighting fires by banging two rocks together(they'll get there in the end). But why, why wouldn't they watch utube and learn urban culture and etiquette before picking up a shovel ,.... that's what gets me, the blinkered rush to riches only to leave disgusted in the fairy dust they found (before they filled the hole back in) :eek:

And if they are forum members it's obvious that it's some other forum they're on (not ours) ,..... no one on ours would ever do that !
So if it's a forum to blame
W H I C H one is it ? :mad:
:lol:

yes they only stuff it up for us and themselves in the end.USE A BLOODY SCREWDRIVER AND A PINPOINTER :mad: :(
rod evans said:
Its probably the wrong section to put this post but there is a slight chance the person responsible will read this.
Nearly everywhere I go local lately somebody is digging large holes and making no attempt to fill them in.
They are in local parks and ovals.
The person or persons responsible have no idea what they are doing leaving the rubbish targets on top or still in the hole .
It is giving me grief seeing this wanton destruction because sooner or later the council or caretakers will ban detecting.
I have only ever used a screwdriver and leave no sign.
One classic case this morning alongside a hole at least 2 feet in circumference was a $2 coin 6 inches away from what they were looking for.
I have tried to repair some of the damage but one school oval was that badly dug up I was worried someone would see me trying to fill the holes and think it was me.
Sorry for the tirade but I had to get it off of my chest.
Cheers rod.

Wishfull said:
I thought school ovals were a no go area for detecting in South Australia ?

Someone digging holes all over the place probably wouldn't care about that. Not much you can do about it really, just hope he/she gets bored and gives up detecting.

Ratbags !!!
GP's right , anyone who can do that , couldn't care less about rules or etiquette
Lets just hope that it was too much work, for too little reward ....
and they decide to join the army and clear landmines instead ;)

Latest posts