New to detecting for gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Well I'm in the process of getting a minelab eureka gold detector and am wondering if anyone is around the south coast nsw and where I could looking for gold as I have no clue
Any help would be much appreciated.

Matt have a look at any web sight and see if you can find any where a eureka gold has found gold in Australia just because gold is in the name does not mean it will find it. Sorry but that is the facts yes buy a minelab detector but just have a look at what detector are finding gold and doing the job PI DETECTOR second hand from about $1000 up depending on the model just the truth regards john :Y:

Thank you Mbasko for providing the hyperlink to the Minelab/Eureka Gold posts. I'm a contributor and a Eureka Gold fan. Five years ago when I decided to get into detecting I was keen to buy a new machine not a secondhand one. I could not afford the GPX's and chose the Eureka as it was all I could afford. I found lots of interesting stuff like buckles, buttons, coins etc. but no gold. When anyone one asked about the Eureka on a forum, the standard reply pretty much went like old hand's response, implying that the Eureka gold was a waste of money and wouldn't find gold. I thought that I had made a grave error in buying the Eureka. Well after sticking with the Eureka and persisting, I found that it could find gold and this year has been quite successful. Matt123 if you are truly keen on the Eureka Gold go for it but be prepared to work hard at mastering the machine. Your biggest challenge will be to understand the way the detector responds and finding your first piece. Hopefully you will find someone in your area that can give some advice on where to go and help you to develop the necessary skills to find gold.

Cheers Bob.

Welcome matt123
1510567107_2.jpg

Hi Matt123 and welcome to PA, as mbasko said a few of us go to Mogo, myself being one of them that go as often as I can, we normally post up that we are going out for a look see, when you see the post in the meet up section put you hand up and I am sure we will do our best to help find you a bit of gold mate
1510648644_82579e37-abeb-481e-8e72-17ee07e69bd9.jpg

Just for some encouragement here is a little bit I got two weeks ago in Mogo
Cheers
Jamie

Latest posts