long bush

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just got back from 2 days at long bush in the gt, that;s about 25 hours for me all up, same for wife, :mad: 50 combined and nothing not even a speck. anyone do any good here?

Ive been There once for a look. Ne of moligul . Didnt detect just looking. A few workings around but from reading old reports was rich but very patchy.

I spent about 3 hours there a few weeks back and never found a spec either. There is plenty of good looking ground there, it wouldn't surprise me if something half decent turned up.

no I have been there a few times but no luck.
there is also an old volcano that you drive over.
the only thing there seems to be lots of is ants.
you would think it would be a chance as its not that far away from the Matrix Reef.

whats what i thought but wishful thinking so far have to find another spot maybe

I believe there was a lot of gold found there when detectors first became popular. Talking back in the 1980's and 1990's, using VLF's and the first Minelab machines. No doubt there would still be gold there, however it would be thinly scattered.

I think it was Doug Stone who said hed got nice gold there many years ago and that it was large but extremely patchy as some have said.

mostly Granite type ground there, fairly quite so the early VLF's and GP 2000's etc cleaned it up easily, plus a lot of it has been pushed years ago and not much left behind.

cheers dave

Latest posts