DIY Sluice trolley

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all.
I have been doing a bit of prospecting lately and I was getting sick of doing 2 or 3 trips to the car to get all my gear so I had a sit down and a think( and a couple of coldies) and came up with this bad boy.
I still have a couple of things to add like a mount for Jerry can and brackets for the hoses.

Let me know what you think or a suggestion for mounts .

1509416965_imag0228.jpg
1509417002_imag0229.jpg
1509417030_imag0230.jpg
1509417052_imag0231.jpg
1509417087_imag0232.jpg

Thanks guys. I wish I had of seen aussiefarmers post before hand he done a great job! Although he's is a little more complicated and I'm not that good of a welder?

Nah thats a lovely job :Y: , i will admit mine has one floor :8 when it rolls down a steep gutter if i am in front of it towing instead of breaking it can come under the point of pull and chase my heels and it does hurt when it catches my foot . Leaving the trolley full lenth will stop it going under the arc of pull and prevdent the issue.
Mine is short so it goes under the roller door whilst on the ute and also prevent low tree limbs snagging it :lol:

You may want to add rubber bungs or a larger foot pint as i have seen mine vibrate and move enough to tip over once .
Well done and go and get it dirty :Y: :Y:

Thanks for the advice Aussie farmer will take that into account.Nah it's an old trolley just spiffed it up with abit of super cheap green hahaha

Morning all ! Just a quick update on trolley. Took it out for it's maiden run and had a blast. Had to stop a couple of times dragging it back up the hill but wouldn't change a thing ( except the cable ties on fuel basket as 2 broke :eek: ) but it still beats doing a few trips back to the rig.
1509920053_imag0236.jpg
1509920235_imag0237.jpg

Love both trolleys, that end of the day pack up is backbreaking, especially mid-summer and it's still sitting close to 35C or so at dusk and you only then realise how far away you parked, and then how far away the first cold beer is.....

Will definitely have to copycat you blokes. God help me with all the smaller tools and tubs/buckets, sieves and pans I tend to carry with me lol

1509951474_goinsluicin.jpg

Haha that picture is hilarious and how I felt all the time. Copycat all you like it makes the day easier for sure :cool:

Hahaha yes it is :D . I should have taken photo at the end of the day not first thing ;)