Undetectable GOLD!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent 6 hours yesterday in a new area that was full of undetectable gold, it was literally everywhere! I've never encountered so much undetectable gold. :eek:

Thank god I found 12 detectable pieces or I would have come home with nothing. :Y:

madtuna said:
I spent 6 hours yesterday in a new area that was full of undetectable gold, it was literally everywhere! I've never encountered so much undetectable gold. :eek:

Thank god I found 12 detectable pieces or I would have come home with nothing. :Y:

You don't know it was undetectable unless you found it and then it wouldn't detect. Finding it would require another method other than detecting, so you wouldn't find it, because you were detecting.

:p

Ridge Runner said:
That's where a VLF comes in to its own, The only Gold they won't see is Gold Dust.

J.
If you and Old Timer Rob partnered up damn you'd throw ugly babies!

Thin gold, laying on its edge will be harder to detect than the same piece lying flat- such as fine gold stuck in cracks and crevices, or clay. I would hazard to say that a PI with the smallest possible coil will still miss the minute pieces able to be detected by the likes of the Goldmaster and GB II, especially if any but the exact and precise setting for such small and flat gold are dialled into the PI. A Black sand meter (Goldmaster) or similar option (like the Racer) will help to narrow your search. A scratch around may then reveal undetected gold, or by panning this material. Also, the Falcon MD20 has been proven to detect gold barely visible to the human eye.
So with a Goldmaster/Racer to locate, then the Falcon to detect, you may clean up that fine gold left by PI's. Alternative panning this material may be an option.

Thanks Tim, that is was what I thought because Wal was using a GPX and missing Gold So that's why I said about a LF (VLF) finding the spikey Gold, I know that a VLF can see smaller bits than a PI, Them Falcons are real Gold sniffers, I was thinking of getting one just to see how fine they can go,

John.

Ummmmm. The gold was not laying on its edge. It was big and should of been picked up. That is why Wal was confused.
No matter how close to the coil he got it, NOTHING. And at nearly 1 Gram, that's pretty rare.

Like Wal had said, if someone else had of told him the same thing, he would of thought settings etc..

It is a bit of speculation as to what will detect that piece, VLF or SDC or even GPZ. God knows.

Hopefully Wal n Liz will fill us in a bit more on the outcome of that one.

So the PI's are missing fine gold that the VLF's will pick up????

I am pretty sure once Pulse Induction came in it re opened the gold fields after they were hammered by the VLF era.

On benign ground maybe, but my experience is most gold bearing areas are very high mineralised.

Doesn't work like that where I go, good luck swinging any VLF around there. Unless you like a crazy detector going off on anything and everything.

PI territory.

This Topic was not created for the purpose of VLF vs PI. The idea was for anyone who has experienced the same thing to upload their experience.
It is supposed to help us all. Knowing these things can prove very valuable one day.

If I had a GPX and it wouldn't pick up a 1 Gram piece of gold siting on the coil I would definitely be investigating further.

Maybe a VLF would scream on it.

Point is why did the GPX see a .3gram easily but not a 1 gram...and it had a fair bit of surface area on it too.

The ZED and the SDC although being different Tech they both have a habit of seeing Gold that normal PI's can't see, from the pictures I have seen the ZED does really good on Speci Gold, But I am surprized that Wal could not get a signal on a bit that big, I have never seen that happen before.

J.