Gold shares vs Gold Prospecting?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, we are new to the thought of prospecting and are currently looking at purchasing a GPZ 7000 & a SDC 2300. For many yrs we have invested in Gold Shares on the ASX, with good results BUT would like to experience the thrill of the chase! We are currently looking around the Pilbara area and would like to find some areas we could try out our soon to be equipment? Any suggestions ?

Does anyone have a dabble in the share market? :party:

Just driven from Port Headland to Karratha looking at the landscape....and theres gold in them there hills!

Ok guys If you want a gold tip, that will buy you your next detector look at Pioneer Shares (PIO)or options (PIOO). LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GO. Shares are trading at around 1.8 to 2cents each

You never know unless you have a go! Happy investing! :rainbow:

Ok guys If you want a gold tip, that will buy you your next detector look at Pioneer Shares (PIO)or options (PIOO). LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GO. Shares are trading at around 1.8 to 2cents each

You never know unless you have a go! Happy investing! :rainbow:

The Pilbara Gold rush is really moving the the gold price on many gold stocks. Is anyone out there investing ? :rainbow:

Realistically, at this stage it's speculating rather than "investing" and what I've seen so far bears all the hallmarks of a sucker play: lots of excited talk about conglomerate rock/sedimentary layers/Witwatersrand, reports and videos of nuggets being plucked from shallow excavations, tenements taken up on the basis of 'nearology' rather than geology, etc. While there's so much excitement being generated/hyped, I reckon you'd be wise to not spend anything you can't afford to lose, as you could probably get better odds at the races!

https://thewest.com.au/business/min...her-wa-gold-rush-in-the-pilbara-ng-b88637767z

Yes we met up with Johnathan.

Also went onto Degrey land very impressive. Some nice dirty quartz reefs that go for a couple of klms. DEG has good land, just read the reports. You've got a good opportunity with this weeks correction to invest. And your right grubstake theres always a risk, and only a liar buys at the bottom of the market and sells at the top! BUT GOLD is on the way up! So rather than waste your money at the races.....Invest in what your looking for! :rainbow: :rainbow:

Thats a bit tongue in cheek...MadTuna, sounds a bit fishy to me comming from a self proclaimed Mad Fish! At least Im a bird of the right colour! O:) :rainbow:

Ok so the pilbara gold stocks most likely take a dive this week because of delay in reporting....Just know the story and stick with it Degrey has a really good story and should provide a good entry level for anyone who wants to have a go! Stock code DEG O:) :rainbow:

This guy is a little old lady! My hubby & I have been involved in Gold mining and sapphire mining for near on 40years. During that period we have learnt a lot. We attend AGMs visit mine sites and study all the indicators required to assess junior explorers and miners. Based on jorc compliant reports! We have partners that compliment our research that are geologists, brokers and capital raisers. DEG is a great tip. If you don't want to invest in shares....hey thats your perogative! DEG is today trading at 17cents per share. Do your maths Yellow....$1,000 won't break anyones piggy bank! Otherwise we could all just sit back and watch.....and say we shoulda,coulda,woulda!

Hey no hard feelings I enjoy the banter! O:) :rainbow:

We have been detecting about 7 years, the last few successfully and are continually learning. We've made several trips to the west (cut short this year due to a medical issue) NT NSW and Qld and did well at Clermont mid year on the way back from WA via the centre track. It can be good being retired. As for the stock market, this lol ?has been interested in the market for about 12 years, always liked the mining shares too, as well as others. Nothing like good research to give one a bit of confidence as in detecting. Yes, Golden Emu both PIO and DEG are looking good and priced right. It's good to be able to check the charts, highs and lows, news, no of trades, all on your trading platform. I guess if you haven't traded or held shares, you can't know how interesting it can be. Beats TV?

Mrs. J

Thanks Mrs J, We are thoroughly enjoying the trip met a lot of miners and looked over a lot of leases.

Golden Emu....chookie! :rainbow: O:)

Latest posts