Rock to Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hAyyoUinAU

Rick
Reaction score
1507969417_resized_20171014_175122_9951.jpg

When I am out prospecting or detecting, I always like to bring home any rocks that look very interesting and like they might have a high content of minerals. (Possibly gold)

I bring the rocks home and put them in buckets, today I decided to break a small piece off as shown and crush it down and pan it off.
I figured I would lose any fine microscopic gold but any sign of colour would be great. Well after much patience, I got a few small specs of colour and one piece I could actually pick an move easily. I checked it under microscope just to make sure, but pretty positive it is gold due to its weight and colour.

Hopefully in the future I will get the different types crushed and process them just to see what gold I can get out of them. It is more for my own personal achievement rather than a profit making idea. That I will leave for the nuggets I find. lol

1507969729_win_20171014_17_49_00_pro.jpg

PS. There were other small bits but too hard to pick up and even harder to try get camera to focus on them. I will look at a chemical process when I do it to maximise the gold yield. If any....lol

Got my melting furnace coming anyway. Looking forward to that one. :D

I have buckets and buckets and buckets full of rocks ready to be crushed, one day I will get around to pounding them up.
I know quite a few have trace gold in them, but they just sit there in their buckets.
One day.

Latest posts