Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Great video Nenad and SteelPat :Y: I'll be placing an order as soon as I can put the coin together. Would have been nice to see the target but none the less there's a definite increase in target identification /sound.

RM you mean OOOMPFEE don't you ? :) :) :) and yeah like how it gives a deeper broader sound to target.

I think any one that knows Nenad knows he is a pretty thorough type of bloke (plus a big bugger :rolleyes: ) and in teaming with Steepat I have no doub't this unit is a great bit of kit. This along with the backing Nenad gives on everything he sells as a back up ................... I'm in :Y:

Pat, Nenad
So I can see how the sp01 would be of great improvement to both the SDC and GPZ, of which I have used both and found both to have low volume outputs, the SDC more so, but what filter would you recommend to use on a GPX4500 and why?
Would the Filter selection depend on what frequency you are tuned to?
If so in what order are Filters set relative to frequency tuned?
Also, how does the stereo mode assist with clarity? You're only listening for the variation from the threshold hum? It's not like you're listening to different instruments in a band for example.
Do you have an instruction model you can post or put on PhaseTechs website?
Cheers Dig'n-it

Mackka said:
Can it be used with an AT Gold, probably a stupid question but Stupid is as Stupid does.
Mackka

Yep as long as you have the adaptor lead to convert to 1/4" socket.

Dig'n-it said:
Pat, Nenad
So I can see how the sp01 would be of great improvement to both the SDC and GPZ, of which I have used both and found both to have low volume outputs, the SDC more so, but what filter would you recommend to use on a GPX4500 and why?
Would the Filter selection depend on what frequency you are tuned to?
If so in what order are Filters set relative to frequency tuned?
Also, how does the stereo mode assist with clarity? You're only listening for the variation from the threshold hum? It's not like you're listening to different instruments in a band for example.
Do you have an instruction model you can post or put on PhaseTechs website?
Cheers Dig'n-it

The choice of Filter is more a personal thing, but using headphones I like the combination of Mode 2 and Filter 2. It gives me very clear audio and a nice tight signal response. On the 7000 I like Filter 1.

By frequency do you mean Audio Tone?

The stereo mode has a sort of surround effect, hard to explain, but everyone who's had a listen to it agrees with me. It just sounds bigger and more open. If you have a noisy machine, this will probably work against you though, and you'd probably prefer Mode 1.

I have attached the instruction sheet here: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/3149/1508062051_sp01-instruction-sheet.pdf

Hi Nenad. Thanks for the reply and copy of instructions.
No I didnt mean Audio Tone. I was thinking manual/auto tune frequency relative to SteelPat previous statement Each of the 'filters' has a different eq curve so the response and level will be different depending on the frequency the user runs his/her machine.
However, now thinking about it SteelPat was probably talking about Audio Tone frequency, and I had the wrong end of the stick. Cheers

Dont know what happened there????
After submit I got a message error so resubmitted. Sequence of message errors continued so kept resubmitting. Would an administrator please delete repeated messages. Cheers

Hey Nenad , would it be much of an advantage over just using my 4000 with me Gogs, cheers Jed

Hey Jed, the 4000 has no in-built amp, so the sP01 would definitely be a great addition.
Would give you so much more control over the audio.

I took a friends out yesterday for a few hours and was very impressed just ordered 2 ,managed to pick up a 2gram just for a test I just used the head phones without the booster could just get the target but nothing like with the booster filter on 1 ,2 on the mode and halfway for the volume the next target was a 8 gram at a depth they are in acid at the moment as the have some iron stone on them,i tried it on another spot today filter on 2 as the ground was a bit nosier only managed to pick up shotty pellets regards john :) :Y:

1508297551_dscn0519.jpg
yesterdays hunt the small piece and the large piece were found with the booster the other a 5 gram was with out it a good day regards john :Y:

Latest posts