Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the benefits of stereo only come into play between the SP01 (output) and your headphones. So only the lead/adapters going from the SP01 to the headphones need to be stereo, the lead going from the detector to the SP01 can remain mono.

I can confirm this works, I have it setup on my SDC and definite improvement in using stereo mode compared to mono. :perfect:

Gravity said:
Thanks Pat just a little confused about it all, if I were to plugin stereo headphones directly into the 5000 it would activate the built in amp...
So if I'm plugging in a mono lead into the 5000 to the sP01 how does the 5000 recognize that it should activate the stereo amp, I was under the impression that a stereo plug would go from the 5000 into the sP01 or do I have this all wrong ???

Cheers
John
Hey John

All outputs from detectors are mono. None of the outputs are stereo at all, even when triggering the amp in the battery.

As mbasko said, stereo wired headphones will not trigger the amp in the GPX battery. What gets confusing is that the plug needed to trigger the amp in the GPX battery needs to be stereo, although only the ring and tip are connected. The output is still mono but at a higher output level. It was designed this way to allow users to have a higher level to drive external speakers. What gets even more confusing is that I also know of some mono wired headphones that use this setup to get more volume. Its certainly not recommended though.

If using the sP01 just stick with the provided input lead (mono) and get a good set of stereo headphones. If the headphones work in Mode 1 and 2 they are stereo wired. If they only work in Mode 1 they are mono wired (even though they may have a stereo plug).

regards
Pat

madtuna said:
4 grs of gold or there abouts...damn good value :Y:

edit: Nenad or Pat a question if I may, every other damn booster I've ever used seems to introduce a hum if the coil touches the ground. Generally goes away if I touch the speaker.

Hard to explain sorry, just wondering if it's booster related, speaker related, earth related or maybe I'm like that freaky snow white dude off that movie called 'Powder'.....I did get whacked by lightening about 15 years ago

If yours doesn't do it I'll snavel one in short order. :Y:

Hi, about 4 years ago I purchased a B&Z booster to go with my 5000 series. Tried the combination but could not stop a static hum to the COS head phones. Sorry I could not get the unit to run quietly as the noise was still there on all volume levels. I couldnt keep using it and returned the unit for refund which was really good of the supplier. I now use a 7000 series through the vm12 speaker with no head phones as I like to hear whats happening around me. (a few close calls with cattle). If this unit has no audio hum then I may get one. Is it possible to consider the unit have an internal speaker like the vm12? You could at least mount the system on the side of the detector so you are not tied to the detector, cheers sturt

I can vouch for the sP01 + Quest Wireless headphones setup.
I had never bothered even trying a wireless rig as the cable doesn't really bother me, then I bought an sP01. Fantastic unit with no hum. Then, on the basis of so many saying going wireless is the ducks nuts, I bought the Quest wireless unit & headphones to give it go. The combo works fantastic on all my units!

sturt said:
madtuna said:

edit: Nenad or Pat a question if I may, every other damn booster I've ever used seems to introduce a hum if the coil touches the ground. Generally goes away if I touch the speaker.

Hard to explain sorry, just wondering if it's booster related, speaker related, earth related or maybe I'm like that freaky snow white dude off that movie called 'Powder'.....I did get whacked by lightening about 15 years ago

Hi, about 4 years ago I purchased a B&Z booster to go with my 5000 series. Tried the combination but could not stop a static hum to the COS head phones. Sorry I could not get the unit to run quietly as the noise was still there on all volume levels. I couldnt keep using it and returned the unit for refund which was really good of the supplier. I now use a 7000 series through the vm12 speaker with no head phones as I like to hear whats happening around me. (a few close calls with cattle). If this unit has no audio hum then I may get one. Is it possible to consider the unit have an internal speaker like the vm12? You could at least mount the system on the side of the detector so you are not tied to the detector, cheers sturt
Hi Sturt, I can't praise the SP01 enough as far as boosters go. Flimsy plastic and that annoying hum I found in many boosters drove me nuts.
I'm hard on gear and the SP01 takes a beating, and no hum at all! By far the clearest of any booster I've used.

I supposes you could mount it with the VM12 somewhere down on the machine, but I value good clear sound up near my ears more so than extra weight on the machine and sound down there.

sturt said:
madtuna said:

Unfortunately there just isnt room to mount a speaker in the sP01. And to be honest, a single speaker would not give the full benefit of using mode 2 with the enhancer.
You can however plug the sP01 into the output of the WM12 module and plug dual external speakers into the sP01 and therefore remain wireless and not use headphones.

regards
Pat

Hello! Today got sp01! I read the forum several times, there were questions. 1. How much current (A) should I use to charge the battery? I use the GPX 4800, Black Widoy headphones, NF15.19. What settings could you recommend to me on soils with moderate mineralization. Any advice. Thanks!

I charge off a 1A USB outlet off a charger, but sometimes charge off my laptop or car USB outlets.

Are you using both 15" & 19" Evolution coils?

What is the expected size of gold you are chasing?

. .

About 210,000,000 results (0.41 seconds)
Search Results
Translation result
Russian
English
! sp01 4800 12 16. , !
Vsem privet! Ispol'zuyu sp01 na moyem 4800 s naushnikami Chernaya vdova i rossiyskoy spiral'noy katushkoy 12 na 16. Samyye luchshiye otzyvy i blagodarnost' za to, chto otkryli dlya menya vozmozhnosti etogo ustroystva!
Hello! I use sp01 on my 4800 with Black Widow headphones and a Russian spiral coil 12 on 16. The best reviews and thanks for opening up the possibilities of this device for me!