Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am excited after a month's wait, to finally receive my SteelPhase SP01 combined with the SPK07 double speakers, to add to my equipment. Tested it with my GPX-4500, this SP01 is a beast. The clarity enhancement on targets and quality of sound is amazing. It works best with stereo double speakers and headphones. It does what it says on the tin.
1557950039_20190515_171440.jpg

1557950986_20190515_154958.jpg

Pat,

I've been using the SP01 and it is really helpful. I also have the headphones. They cut out all the outside noise.

I'm hoping this will post because for a couple of weeks nothing will post on this PA.

Mitchel

mn90403 said:
Pat,

I've been using the SP01 and it is really helpful. I also have the headphones. They cut out all the outside noise.

I'm hoping this will post because for a couple of weeks nothing will post on this PA.

Mitchel
All good mn90403 wish you more Gold Luck.

i noticed a mono jack on unit but the speakers have stereo jack i have an sp01 really like it but mine also came with mono jack so i have ordered a stereo jack to go with
ss300 headphones. is this the right thing to do?

madtuna said:
I've been good lately and deserve a reward so I might just treat myself a shiney new SteelPhase/Phasetech pouch. :Y:

Might just jazz up the harness a tad so I atleast look like I know what I'm doing.

https://i.imgur.com/NiyWtN4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NNG6xR8.jpg

I hope that you buy the camo pouch Steve. Carol thought that you may have got a camel's scrotum and tanned it to make a ridgy-didge pouch. :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Camel ballbags are way too big Doug....but they make excellent tote bags or a really impressive beanie :Y:

As for my most excellent wiring fix RM...now you can see why I wont tackle the X-coil adapter job myself.

Oh I like that black case style better than the one I got when I purchased mine, a greenish brown one..... that looks sharp.

Jennifer said:
Oh I like that black case style better than the one I got when I purchased mine, a greenish brown one..... that looks sharp.
Yes Jennifer it is a perfect alternative and it fits well and most importantly protects the Steelphase.

Rav59 said:
i noticed a mono jack on unit but the speakers have stereo jack i have an sp01 really like it but mine also came with mono jack so i have ordered a stereo jack to go with
ss300 headphones. is this the right thing to do?

Most ss300 headphones are mono so you will only be able to use mode 1 on the enhancer.

regards
Pat

thanks pat i got stereo ss300 headphones to take advantage of sp01 so i ordered a stereo lead hope thats right to enhance sound

Thanks Rav59 I didn't notice that it's a mono lead until you said so, it's my first time buying it. I don't know why Phase Tech should put a mono Jack instead of stereo lead, so that it makes it easier for people with stereo headphones and speakers, then those with mono will just switch to mode 1. I have tested my new duel stereo speakers and headphones on mode 2 and no sound is coming out but only on mode 1. I believe that's the reason of that mono lead supplied with the Steelphase SP01. I ordered a high quality stereo lead from a reputable company, and waiting for the delivery today. I will post when I test them together. I hope Steelphase or Pat will comment on why they put a mono lead. :/

Gold Passion said:
Thanks Rav59 I didn't notice that it's a mono lead until you said so, it's my first time buying it. I don't know why Phase Tech should put a mono Jack instead of stereo lead, so that it makes it easier for people with stereo headphones and speakers, then those with mono will just switch to mode 1. I have tested my new duel stereo speakers and headphones on mode 2 and no sound is coming out but only on mode 1. I believe that's the reason of that mono lead supplied with the Steelphase SP01. I ordered a high quality stereo lead from a reputable company, and waiting for the delivery today. I will post when I test them together. I hope Steelphase or Pat will comment on why they put a mono lead. :/

The input lead needs to be mono. Its only the output you need to be concerned with.

Generally dual speakers for detecting are wired in mono even though they use a stereo plug (this is to trigger an amp in the GPX battery). Even some headphones (including the standard SS300) have a stereo plug but are still wired in mono. If your headphones only work in mode 1 then they are wired in mono (even if they have a stereo plug).

You need either true stereo headphones or duel speakers wired in stereo to enable mode 2.

The back page of the instruction booklet shows you the wiring configurations needed.

I bought the neat camo pouch with my sP01, made to fit the unit with holes for plugs. :perfect:
now after seeing those black pouches in Gold Passion's post #302 above, I have ordered 2 of them to use with anything that might fit them just incase I have need one day as they are a very handy looking size pouch!

My 2300 setup. Mods -

• Armrest - poly pipe velcroed to folding armrest and covered with a GPX neoprene armrest.[/*]
  • Handle, wrapped in tennis racket handle tape. I have a larger hand and found it a better grip.[/*]
  • Woodyfoot.[/*]
  • Knuckle protector (not shown)[/*]
  • Heavy duty skid plate. (not shown)[/*]
  • Bungy, used with the Proswing harness I have setup for the 5000.[/*]
  • Deteknix wireless Tx, paired to the wireless headphones and plugged into the SP01 output. Velcro fixed to the front of the handle, cable is tucked under the DD cover strap.[/*]
  • SP01, clipped to the side of the DD cover, the input is fed from Nenads patch lead and a small mono patch lead I made up and tucked into the DD cover.[/*]

1558149955_sdc2300.jpg

I've checked the Tx range on occasion, by accident. Was near the car, got a target and remembered I hadn't grabbed my pick. Left the SDC at the target and went back to the car 20-30M away and was still getting a good signal from the wireless transmitter. Although I will crank up the SDC settings if EMI is stable, I normally detect in Threshold - 4 LEDS and Sensitivity 1 or 2, then use the SP01 for volume response.

I detect RH, the SP01 is not in the way when I swing, off the ground thanks to the Woodyfoot and lasts a full day as does the wireless.

Edit - Also as I have the armrest mod, the SDC only gets collapsed at the shafts and the coil folded back, so that's as small as it ever gets..... :)

Latest posts