GPZ7000 19" coil GPZ19 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YellowFever said:
$$$$$$ wow minelab is laughing to the bank with the gpz owners!! So glad I didn't venture that way now. Feeling for the scheme they are pulling on you lot!

yep was a mongrel trick to pull...how dare they sell me a detector that paid for itself quicker than all the others I've owned before which incidentally all paid for themselves in relatively short times and some many times over! The cheek of them!

Looking forward to mine arriving, have a few areas that have been waiting just for this coil :D

Got ya madtuna, tis downright dirty of ML to sell us gear that gets us gold, we really should speak up more often and proudly support our OZ Co. that makes products for us to make our fortunes.

The best way to find out test results of the 19" is get one and go for it, otherwise feel is a wee early yet to get anything mean full. Please when someone has the courage to post test results how about we stand against the small minority that will bag them, remember the bagging the Z got and still gets from some broken records, was and is total nonsense tis a magic machine for sure.

Norvic said:
remember the bagging the Z got and still gets from some broken records, was and is total nonsense tis a magic machine for sure.

Yes I do and we aren't going to listen to that any longer. Constructive critisism will be ok but ranting and constant negative comments about the zed by non owners just won't be tolerated on here. If anyone sees any such comments please use the report button.

Cheers

Swinging & digging said:
Only the most elite of GPZ owners have been allowed to purchase one.
Somehow i got taken off the waiting list without notification from a retailer?

Customer service is dead in this Nation. :(

That's funny :D as I got a call to say my coil was ready to pick up :eek: Only problem is I told them was .............................. I don't own a Z :D :D
On the knocking side of it I see personally in a lot of posts dare I say it :rolleyes: a bit of the old I can't afford it so to justify my not being able to buy one I'll bag it syndrome :cool: Just an observation. I'd love to see how many "knockers" would all of a sudden own one if they were 6K ;)
I don't own one but I'm sure as hell working on changing that :)

Bogger said:
Swinging & digging said:
Only the most elite of GPZ owners have been allowed to purchase one.
Somehow i got taken off the waiting list without notification from a retailer?

Customer service is dead in this Nation. :(

That's funny :D as I got a call to say my coil was ready to pick up :eek: Only problem is I told them was .............................. I don't own a Z :D :D
On the knocking side of it I see personally in a lot of posts dare I say it :rolleyes: a bit of the old I can't afford it so to justify my not being able to buy one I'll bag it syndrome :cool: Just an observation. I'd love to see how many "knockers" would all of a sudden own one if they were 6K ;)
I don't own one but I'm sure as hell working on changing that :)

Sorry but edit buttons a no go at the mo

Had a decision a short while back with bucks available .......................... buy a quad or a Z ? Well due to legs and back the quad won but as soon as the branch grows back on the tree I'll be re paying Nenad for all his help with my custom.
So bring on the reports as I'm achin to find the big one :p

No point owning one ...unless you live in an area ...or are willing to travel endless kilometres to get to the areas ....that this machine ...and its expence...is suited to......most people that live in Se qld would be more suited to the sdc and wouldn't even concider buying a z ....no point......But when i have retired. ..And can travel freely...hopfully the new gpz 1200 will be out ...Just not sure if i will be able to dig 2mtr plus to get the target. :eek:

Smoky bandit said:
No point owning one ...unless you live in an area ...or are willing to travel endless kilometres to get to the areas ....that this machine ...and its expence...is suited to......most people that live in Se qld would be more suited to the sdc and wouldn't even concider buying a z ....no point......But when i have retired. ..And can travel freely...hopfully the new gpz 1200 will be out ...Just not sure if i will be able to dig 2mtr plus to get the target. :eek:

Smoky agree 100% but the point is even if you don't live in the area most suitable and being honest here my biggest consideration before purchase is how much use I can give my 10K purchase at this time ? But that doesn't mean it's shite and I don't want one :p :p
Also with you regards not sure how many 3 ft holes I have left in me ....................... might be time to call the wife in as she's half my age :lol: Wages she asks ? 50 bucks of course same price as the machine honey ;)

I No NOTHING about it...except its expensive. I personally couldnt justify the expence...because the gold we find are just tiny pickers.......im druling for a SDC..But when i do make that voyage to gold nugget land. ..Im going to want to have the best machine possible. ...at least another 20 yrs away.lol 8.(

Good, experienced feedback on the Z19 is coming, just have to be patient.

Here's what I know at this point: Being a bigger coil, surface ground noise is less, but will pick up more EMI. The coil has more punch, but less field density on sub grammers, or precisely 1.9g according to Minelab's depth chart :p

For ease of operation, if you are in hot ground with low EMI, and don't care about small stuff, run: General, Difficult, Smoothing off, and get your Sens up if you can

But, if you want to get the best out of this coil and the Zed, the magic will happen in Normal ground type, which is what I've been preaching since day dot. This is what really kicks the Zed into gear in my opinion. Now, here's my thought process of what settings will get the best out of the Z19.

Shallow ground, history of reefy gold - HY, Normal

Mild Ground, solid gold, chance of some better bits - General, Normal

More mineralised ground, max depth on bigger stuff - General, Normal, low Sensitivity

If the ground is telling you to "please go back to Difficult", then - Extra Deep, Normal and sens where it needs to be.

Don't shoot me if the above settings don't work for you, but this is what I'm going to be trying out as I get more time on it myself.

Swinging & Digging - I have one in stock if you missed out.

Checkout the video 'Woody' did with the depth comparisons, the 'Z' could`nt pick up the lead target at 2 foot while his modded 4500 clearly sang on it. The Zed might be be picking up deeper smaller slugs, but that`s were it ends, remember the SD machines pulled slugs out at over a metre in some cases, and then you have "Inverse Square Law" which says to increase depth only marginally power has to be increased by several orders of magnitude which just is`nt possible at this point in time, if the 'Z' is deeper on large gold it will be marginal at best, maybe a inch or two, but i doubt it will find slugs deeper than a metre, only the one`s missed by the SD`s.

Moderator Edit,
Just removed the bottom part.
Ban will lift 21/11/2016 at Midnight.
Please calm down and think before posting.

PhaseTech said:

Here's what I know at this point: Being a bigger coil, surface ground noise is less, but will pick up more EMI. The coil has more punch, but less field density on sub grammers, or precisely 1.9g according to Minelab's depth chart :p

For ease of operation, if you are in hot ground with low EMI, and don't care about small stuff, run: General, Difficult, Smoothing off, and get your Sens up if you can

But, if you want to get the best out of this coil and the Zed, the magic will happen in Normal ground type, which is what I've been preaching since day dot. This is what really kicks the Zed into gear in my opinion. Now, here's my thought process of what settings will get the best out of the Z19.

Shallow ground, history of reefy gold - HY, Normal

Mild Ground, solid gold, chance of some better bits - General, Normal

More mineralised ground, max depth on bigger stuff - General, Normal, low Sensitivity

If the ground is telling you to "please go back to Difficult", then - Extra Deep, Normal and sens where it needs to be.

Don't shoot me if the above settings don't work for you, but this is what I'm going to be trying out as I get more time on it myself.

Swinging & Digging - I have one in stock if you missed out.

I have seen a few pics of some very deep gold found with the 19" too. Another mate is out swinging with his this week too, hopefully he does a write up when he gets back from his prospecting trip. ;)

I reckon there will be some good things said about this coil over the next few weeks. Apart from the weight of course, one mate discribed it as a "man killer", lol.

I'm loving the Z, found a nice 2+ kg chunk of quartz today, (standard coil) only the tiniest specks visible but it sings like you're rubbing a coke can from 2 feet away. :D

Can't wait for the 19 to get here.

brilliant info thanks Nenad

Any one who Owns a Zed should grab the big coil too to gain all the Benefits of it's technology, It would be cool if ML bought out a 10" Coil or a 8x12 / 14x10, Even with that 14" lump it is hot on tiny Gold so something like a 8x12 would be killer on the zed. because it would make it easier when working Creek beds and narrow Gullies.

John.

Every body calm down, if the 19 inch coil is a dud and you have not gone out and bought one then you can just smile and move on. I have one and have not spent a great deal of time on it and no where enough to give an opinion. I waited 12 months before puchasing the Z and kept on with the 5000 just to be sure but the Z just proved it was better for me. I have spent lots of hours on the Z this year and I am still learning what it is telling me and I am far from an expert but one thing is for sure it is one of the best gold machines money can buy and the 19 inch coil is just a new weapon that I reckon people are either going to love or hate one thing is for sure it is HEAVY.

rc62burke said:
Heatho said:
rc62burke said:
Heavy Handed Moderation Again

Lee I said you could add your observations or report if you like, I and other members would love to hear it. But I said in this thread earlier that I don't want it filled up with non relevant posts, I have had numerous complaints regarding junk posts and bagging in zed threads and I'm putting an end to it.

Heatho
I merely responded to your post telling me/ others that only constructive posts will be able to remain !! How is this helpful to those that are seeking information good or bad to make an informed judgement & a choice to make the investment in the new coil?????

You may have misinterpreted me or my post's as being a GPZ bagger, well im not I raise issues as I see them, I think the GPZ is a great tool & if I was able to get out more I would make the investment!!!!! so stop insinuating I am bagging it because I don't like it.

Lee

Yeah but the fact is the new coil has been out for 5 days Lee. Good or Bad reports can not be informed opinions at the moment because no one has had enough time with one to say they are either and this thread is about the new GPZ 19 coil not the Z it self. I myself have been impressed with it so far and plan to spend a lot of time with it in the near future. What are the issues that you have with the 19?

The 2 issues I have is the open design and the flimsy coil cover.

PhaseTech said:

Hopefully video evidence displaying the GPZ with the 19" coil depth superiority over the GPX with a similar size or a larger size coil.

Rush
(Robert)

Latest posts