New to prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatthedazza

Daniel
Reaction score
Hi Guys, iv'e always had a very strong interest in prospecting and am finally deciding to follow in my Grandfathers footsteps. He was a great prospector and still is when he is well enough to get out.

He has taught me a lot about reading the ground and signs of gold what to look for and so on.

Any way to cut a long story short I brought a SDC2300 today and cant wait to get out to the golden triangle and get amongst it all, just sucks that i live on the south coast so ill have to drive 250km each weekend just for the hunt, but hey bring it on. Suppose ive got the beach for treasure hunting when i get bored haha.

Cheers guys

Daniel

Hey Daniel. Good luck. I'm a newbie and want to follow in my great grandfathers footsteps !!

I'm also looking at getting a sdc2300. Did you get yours new or secondhand? Seems I suck at making decisions :lol:

Bought it new mate. Been looking for months thinking should i just by a cheap vlf like the at gold, should i buy garret or minelab. Taken me 10 months and hundreds of reviews. Finally done it though.

Welcome watthedazza,
I hope your Grandfathers teaching pay off for you!
Keep us all informed of your adventures (good or bad)

Sure will hopefully have something to report Sunday night. I didn't think i'd get my detector in time so I had organised to go smash some Olivine Bombs to chase some nice Peridot but since its here might as well make the hike up.

Latest posts