Fossickers Way NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a bit of information for anyone considering traveling the Fossickers Way route when things warm up. I'll try and add a little more information to it when I have more time.

The route includes the following 9 towns with each giving up various riches including gold and a variety of semi-precious gemstones.

• Emmaville NSW[/*]
  • Glen Innes NSW[/*]
  • Nundle, NSW[/*]
  • Tamworth, NSW[/*]
  • Manilla, NSW[/*]
  • Barraba, NSW[/*]
  • Bingara NSW[/*]
  • Warialda, NSW[/*]
  • Inverell NSW[/*]
  • Glen Innes NSW[/*]

There's plenty to see and do along the way including fossicking tours, bush walking, fishing, shopping and a whole lot more.

Take a look at this Google Map for route details. More information can be found on the Fossickers Way website http://www.fossickersway.com

Nugget.

I will be heading that way to nth qld thanks for the info will stop off at a few on the way back.
Thanks nugget.....Cheers GR........

Im looking forward to exploring more along this way when nundle drys up! Keep that info coming sir.

Thanks. :) Love info on places to go. We are heading off somewhere for the long weekend, not too sure where yet, but I want to bring home something sparkly!

Just back from Nundle and Uralla. Great spots for camping with the kids. Caught a fish or two at Chaffey Dam. Just hit the designated fossicking areas at Bowling Alley Point...a few specks in every pan and a couple of pickers.

Bushranger said:
Just back from Nundle and Uralla. Great spots for camping with the kids. Caught a fish or two at Chaffey Dam. Just hit the designated fossicking areas at Bowling Alley Point...a few specks in every pan and a couple of pickers.
Did you find much gold at Uralla?

Crazyjestor said:
Bushranger said:

Hi Crazyjestor,
I don't think you are going to get any response from Bushranger. The post is 8 years old from 2013 and the author's last visit to this forum was 7 years ago in 2014.

Crazyjestor said:
Bushranger said:

Went to Uralla a couple of years ago, without any luck, there were a couple of blokes sluicing, and they gave up before me. However, I recall a post where someone had tried on the far bank from the camping site at the fossicking reserve and found some?? flour gold.

Latest posts