How do you know if it's worth faceting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That turned out well Wishfull... Very nice indeed.. :Y: Usually the Setting is the most expensive item after Cutting but there are a few suppliers that sell the settings at a reasonable price.. Im sure Mrs Wishful loves wearing it....

For the life of me, I cant find my reject Sapphires for you.. I need to look further in the shed as I have a few boxes I haven't opened yet since moving 12 months ago :rolleyes: ... I have just got back from a trip away clearing the Head..

I have about 100 more Jelly-Bean 'Cutters', So Lefty might be a little overworked soon... :lol: :Y:

LW.... :rainbow:

LoneWolf said:
That turned out well Wishfull... Very nice indeed.. :Y: Usually the Setting is the most expensive item after Cutting but there are a few suppliers that sell the settings at a reasonable price.. Im sure Mrs Wishful loves wearing it....

For the life of me, I cant find my reject Sapphires for you.. I need to look further in the shed as I have a few boxes I haven't opened yet since moving 12 months ago :rolleyes: ... I have just got back from a trip away clearing the Head..

I have about 100 more Jelly-Bean 'Cutters', So Lefty might be a little overworked soon... :lol: :Y:

Always good to go :D Been churning them out lately - I just don't take photos since wife's old iPhone carked, it took excellent photos but the new one just sucks for taking pics :( It's hard to put up a photo that you don't feel is representative of the work you did. Old digital camera took pics that were just ok but I lost the battery charger :8

Just finished 6 garnets I believe are from Fullarton river, 2 calibrated pairs for earrings and the last 2 biggest ones as individuals, one in a trillion-type design and the other in a step cut. These ones are good as far as colour goes, they aren't too saturated and so haven't cut over-dark stones. A nice deep blue Rubyvale sapphire on the dop now, should finish somewhere between 3 and 4 carats.

Might have to Quit your Day Job... :lol: :party:

What Model IPhone... I have several 'Old' ones, sitting in a Drawer.. All alone, not being used... ;)

LW... :rainbow:

Gilly47 said:
hoping to stop over in cloncurry on our way back from darwin, to scratch around for some garnets

ray

I'm not sure exactly where the diggings are but the ones I recently faceted came from that area and they cut very nice stones - not over-dark as garnets often can be.

Fullerton River..... My Dream Location.... :)

I could spend 6 months Fossicking around Cloncurry and still not get to all 'the spots'....

Hi Ray,

To get to the Fullerton River, head east out of Cloncurry and about 12km east is the turnoff to the right for the Landsborough Highway. Turn down there and head towards McKinlay, about 49km is the Fullerton River. Turn to the right before the river and you will see the track for Maranon Station, just follow the arrows for about 20km and you will eventually see the low ridge on the left hand side of the track. It is only about 100 - 150mtrs off the track. It is signed. Found the better sized garnets just on top on the eastern side. Maranon Station only like you to stay for 2 days as other people have done the wrong thing and stayed for weeks at a time, don't drive on the station tracks if they are wet. You can ring them on 07 47468468. They are nice people to get to know.

The tourist information centre in Cloncurry has all the info you need for the area.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts