StRanger Danger!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieChris

Checks in from time to time.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1506660471_rangersmith.jpg

A mate just text me, He said the rangers are already out in force along the Turon.....wonder how many buggers are gonna get pinched this weekend for highbankers. He said you can't swing a cat along some stretches of the river already so might be a crazy weekend. Marksman and Reefer are up above Sunny Corner in an area a bit less accessible so might go catch up with them tomorrow and stay away from the crowds....and the cowboys that long weekends attract.

Silversurfer said:
Hang on mate....I thought high bankers were still ok to use.....??

Oops! I thought you were being facetious and just messing around! I actually had a good chuckle, along the lines of Ranger Smith scratching his head just there.

But alas no, they are banned and being actively targeted "commence an enforcement campaign from September to November 2017 particularly targeting highbanking equipment"

So yeah might be a slaughter this weekend, and actually bad news for those fighting the good fight against this new enforcement, as a good solid number of fines and perhaps some prosecutions will only bolster the do-gooder polies resolve on the matter.

I invision that eventualy someone will come up with an alternative to the highbanker situation, i invision its release to the prospecting community to never have a name..