Garrett Extreme

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O Joe, how nice. I'm waiting my box of tricks too. Cant wait to get my hands on it. I've been studying my area of 1860ish history to have a good go at relic hunting as there's no gold here on the SA Copper Coast, so I'm going to "disappear" once it gets here. The misses will think she's single again I fear.

hey tassie daz i know its off topic but check out mapco.net they got alot of old maps from early 1800's for relic hunting, hope they help you they have helped me :)

Tassie Daz said:
O Joe, how nice. I'm waiting my box of tricks too. Cant wait to get my hands on it. I've been studying my area of 1860ish history to have a good go at relic hunting as there's no gold here on the SA Copper Coast, so I'm going to "disappear" once it gets here. The misses will think she's single again I fear.
Hi TD, looks we are all exited :) hoping to take it out for a spin on the weekend. From what I've seen it seems to be user friendly. Relic hunting is one of my "do do list" but as you said homework is 70% success. Good luck - it will be interesting to share some ATX stories.

joe said:
kleinman98 said:
joe said:
Purchased through Prospecting Australia - Sponsor (thank you Jason)

I got my "L" plates out till I graduate with with first nugget :)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/175/1387186913_image.jpg
Did you get the Deep Seeker pack as well?

Hi K98, standard pack for now, my SD2000 does a pretty good job on large targets. I'm interested in the waterproof capability(small gold) :)
You will have fun with it. If you take it to the beach you had better take a BIG shovel because I have been finding some deep targets. I am slowly gaining a collection of tent pegs. If you want to swing it for any great length of time, might I suggest a decent harness.

kleinman98 said:
joe said:
kleinman98 said:
joe said:
Purchased through Prospecting Australia - Sponsor (thank you Jason)

I got my "L" plates out till I graduate with with first nugget :)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/175/1387186913_image.jpg
Did you get the Deep Seeker pack as well?

Hi K98, standard pack for now, my SD2000 does a pretty good job on large targets. I'm interested in the waterproof capability(small gold) :)
You will have fun with it. If you take it to the beach you had better take a BIG shovel because I have been finding some deep targets. I am slowly gaining a collection of tent pegs. If you want to swing it for any great length of time, might I suggest a decent harness.

Yes, K98 thanks :) weight - well my empty pelican case is about 20kg, rugged for all conditions, this unit seem to be well build (outside) weight is expected. In water weight of the unit should ease over long period if not I'll attach some small floats. :)

My ATX deep seeker package arrived today and pleasantly surprised to see a 12" coil cover in the package. It also came with a selection of international power adapters. Hopefully get some time over the holidays to do some work with it.
Found this training video on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=-La6xy5jV88

Sorry I can't link the youtube video as I am too new and I need to have had 10 or more posts
Cheers
Joe

Thanks for putting that up Redfin. Wasn't sure what was going on but managed to get the info across. Hope it helps. Waiting now for part 2!

Yes the recent and future ATX deliveries include coil cover and Australian power plug in a fashion thats acceptable.

Cheers.
Lee.

Word is my new ATX is only a couple of days away. I am so excited......cant wait!!!!! I have been working away at some of the historical areas of my home town for weeks now just waiting to get my hand s on the ATX so I hope that with the new machine in hand that some of those old pre-decimals can see the light of day. Our mining history dates back to the early 1800's so here's hoping. BRING on Monday..........please!

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! The ATX has arrived and my right arm is all but hanging off after detecting most of today. Had a wonderful time with it today, first checking out some really old Cornish mining places around my home patch, and then nicking to Wallaroo to hit the beach. Did my part for cleanup Aust, finding nothing but bottletops, but hey, who cares. I have to get some time in with the ATX before our next trip to the G Triangle in Vic. My ATX came with the sling that's ok but I'm a bit short so its going to need a little bit of adjustment OR I'll go back to my Home made one using an Army belt and straps stitched to it. It also came with the coil cover which was good too. Overall, very happy with the purchase and the Tassie outlet (Tassie Detecting) from which I purchased it. Thanks Jack!!!!!!!! Now all I have to do is get back to Vic, and go over the spots I last visited when I was swinging the Scorpian, to see what I missed.

Tassie Daz said:
GOOD NEWS!!!!!! The ATX has arrived and my right arm is all but hanging off after detecting most of today. Had a wonderful time with it today, first checking out some really old Cornish mining places around my home patch, and then nicking to Wallaroo to hit the beach. Did my part for cleanup Aust, finding nothing but bottletops, but hey, who cares. I have to get some time in with the ATX before our next trip to the G Triangle in Vic. My ATX came with the sling that's ok but I'm a bit short so its going to need a little bit of adjustment OR I'll go back to my Home made one using an Army belt and straps stitched to it. It also came with the coil cover which was good too. Overall, very happy with the purchase and the Tassie outlet (Tassie Detecting) from which I purchased it. Thanks Jack!!!!!!!! Now all I have to do is get back to Vic, and go over the spots I last visited when I was swinging the Scorpian, to see what I missed.
Good on you Daz. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Hey K98, well I've been giving it a bit of a bash in the last two weeks. [Getting ready for the trip to the GTriangle next this year] Went down to the beach this afternoon and while having a swing got a small tone so I thought I'd dig it. Now I could have done a iron checki, I get that, but the exercise is to learn the machine, so I started to dig, and dig, and dig. Finally 600mm down a piece of wire came out - no bigger than about 55mm long. Impressed, better believe it. And the new Propointer which arrived this morning came in handy as well. What on earth did I do before this stuff?

Tassie Daz said:
Hey K98, well I've been giving it a bit of a bash in the last two weeks. [Getting ready for the trip to the GTriangle next this year] Went down to the beach this afternoon and while having a swing got a small tone so I thought I'd dig it. Now I could have done a iron checki, I get that, but the exercise is to learn the machine, so I started to dig, and dig, and dig. Finally 600mm down a piece of wire came out - no bigger than about 55mm long. Impressed, better believe it. And the new Propointer which arrived this morning came in handy as well. What on earth did I do before this stuff?
Good to hear that you are enjoying it.hope you get something better than a piece of wire

Latest posts