Garrett Extreme

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Continuing on from this topic https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1160, lets discuss what we already know about the upcoming Garrett Extreme (name to be confirmed).

What we know so far;
  • It's going to be an all-terrain detector, designed for use in most environmental conditions (i.e wet, humid, dusty etc)[/*]
  • Like the AT Pro and Gold, it's fully submersible and can be used in salt water (yay). To what depth we don't know yet.[/*]
  • It uses Pulse Induction (PI) technology (another yay).[/*]
  • Garrett have been testing this detector in Australia for some time now, did they get it right for our conditions? Lets hope so..[/*]
  • The said Australian release date is sometime in September this year (TBC).[/*]

I'll keep this list updated as more information comes to light. So in the meantime, please feel free to speculate :)

Nugget.

I actually don't mind the design of the Recon-Pro, apart from the fact it looks like a cheap plastic toy :lol:

1376882903_01_aml_1000_gallery.jpg

1376882789_03_aml_1000_gallery.jpg

Nugget said:
I actually don't mind the design of the Recon-Pro, apart from the fact it looks like a cheap plastic toy :lol:
:lol: yep - something like that with an interchangeable set up for coils on the bottom shaft would be good. Very portable & very easy to set up.

Apparently the Recon Pro can pick up very fine fibre cable leading to land mines etc that are designed not to be detected.

I heard from a reliable source that the 1st recon pro failed in Australia, maybe this is where some of the talk is coming that the new Garrett wont handle the soil, but its been thoroughly tested apparently, to handle the conditions.

It breaks down easy by the look of the backpack in the pic and is similar to the pack that comes with the recon pro?

Is it an infinium/AT Pro/Gold/ CSI clone? or is it a recon Pro one or all the others clone ?

Time will tell, but i am interested to see it.

AussieTreasureDigger said:
Apparently the Recon Pro can pick up very fine fibre cable leading to land mines etc that are designed not to be detected.

I heard from a reliable source that the 1st recon pro failed in Australia, maybe this is where some of the talk is coming that the new Garrett wont handle the soil, but its been thoroughly tested apparently, to handle the conditions.

It breaks down easy by the look of the backpack in the pic and is similar to the pack that comes with the recon pro?

Is it an infinium/AT Pro/Gold/ CSI clone? or is it a recon Pro one or all the others clone ?

Time will tell, but i am interested to see it.

Maybe the NBN installers can use the recon to find the underground power cables before they rip the up with the excavatprs up here like they have done 5 times in the last 6 mths lol

G'day

Any more news on a release date? I'm holding off on a 5k at least until i get a good look at this machine but won't wait forever

Cheers

Chimpy

Hey guys how much do you recon it's going to cost,as in a high end price,or sort of around the at pro price?

They might be waiting for 2028? The 18 patents Minelab had in 2008 took them up to then & that was only up to the GPX4500.
I wish they'd hurry up. Be interesting to see what they have.

Think it will be dearer than an Infinium but cheaper than a GPX4800 :lol:

With all this speculation and talk from all of us, I'd just like them to bite the bullet and get it released and into the market place. Lets see what they have...good or bad....make a decision and move on, either to buy one or go to the alternative. Fair dinkum, all we want now is to see the thing and make our decisions........Bring it on I say.

We will be getting one in as soon as we can and put it thru its paces n c what it can do.

Cheers.
Lee.

Hum think I'll stick with the Infinium specs are very similar. If I'm going to spend that money, I want to be able to change coils and would be looking at a second hand Mine Lab.

Col

BrisJoe said:
I like the price a lot as well, we will see if this brings the 5000 down in price

why would it do that?

I note the PPS is the same as the Infinium. Did the Infinium bring down the 5000 price? Not to mention whites TDI series.

Interesting to see it's setup as both a nugget finder and a treasure hunter, compared to say the 5000 which is basically nuggets only

Latest posts