Newbie - Perth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I live about an hour south of Perth and am pretty new to this detecting game.
It all started because my oldest boy (4yo) asked for a metal detector for his birthday so he can "find treasure", so not wanting to buy him something cheap and nasty that'll last a day I started doing a little reasearch. That little bit of reasearch lead into me getting the whole family a miners right each (myself, wife, 2 boys) and a few hours a week sitting on my phone/laptop.

We've done one weekend trip so far, but hopefully the family trips or at least "boys weekends" will continue for many years.

Hopefully i'll be able to pick up a few pointers on this forum and as my experience increases will be able to help others.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave1000 said:
Hi All,

It all started because my oldest boy (4yo) asked for a metal detector for his birthday so he can "find treasure", so not wanting to buy him something cheap and nasty that'll last a day I started doing a little reasearch. That little bit of reasearch lead into me getting the whole family a miners right each (myself, wife, 2 boys) and a few hours a week sitting on my phone/laptop.

We've done one weekend trip so far, but hopefully the family trips or at least "boys weekends" will continue for many years.

Hopefully i'll be able to pick up a few pointers on this forum and as my experience increases will be able to help others.

Cheers,

Dave

I'm a newbie as well but had to say that I love that the 4yo started your quest :)

Cabcaz said:
Dave1000 said:
Hi All,

Cheers,

Dave

I'm a newbie as well but had to say that I love that the 4yo started your quest :)

Hi Cabcaz,

Yeah, some people find it hard to believe that a 4 yo could start off my interest but i happened.
Very proud to say he was also the first of us to find a little nugget too, about 0.5g. He was having a "play" with the SDC that we hired whilst myself and my wife were having a chat. Came home with 4 little ones that weekend which are now sitting in display boxes for the 2 boys.

Latest posts