New in Kalgoorlie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

My family and I have recently moved to Kalgoorlie from Perth. Currently enjoying the change of pace and have decided to try my hand at prospecting. I've always thought about doing it and finally now I'm in an area where I have half a chance at finding something! :D

I've done some research around the rules and regs (I work in mining so am familiar with the mining regs) but have quickly come to realise that just being able to grab my detector and go is not how it's going to work.... :(

My set up:- I took the plunge and bought Mine Labs GPX5000. Currently it's sat in my secure lockup as I try and figure out the next few steps. :/

So I decided to find a forum to explore and help me get out with my family and enjoy the bush and maybe find a nugget or two!! :party:

Welcome mate . There are a few members from your area and they would be best to advise you . Allready some info on the Kalgoolie area on the forum for you to read. :)

Thanks Old Fred. I'm busy reading as much as I can. Would be interested to meet up with anyone who's happy to offer some help or advice. Will see if I get any offers :)

Hi Ed

Welcome to the forum. You are certainly in the right area to find things. Good hunting.