Newbie from golde triangle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all newbie from golden triangle not very up to date with this technology yet but I will get better I hope just bought a gold monster 1000

Don't bother honestly. Just wait a couple months for the Equinox 800 or save up and get a GPX or SDC or something like that.
Then you will be laughing.

Pick your target areas carefully to avoid frustration.Do your research on the areas the vlf will excel in and learn the machine inside out.
I did ok and picked up nuggets in the gt in different areas with the macro gr but not before hours of getting used to the detector and knowing it's limitations

My bad, I didn't read your initial post correctly and didn't realise you have already bought a Gold Monster.
Don't get me wrong, they are a good machine and the truth is if you can handle that and are successful then you will only excel in the future.

Good luck

That's ok what areas should I be targeting I have already put about 100 hrs in and no gold any advice would be greatly appreciated I have found lots 22 bullets 303 projectiles 22 casings slug gun pellets silver foil old buttons cheers richie

Welcome to PA. I have seen plenty of posts on Facebook from people doing quite well with the GM1000 in the GT. Just spend time learning the machine, do your research on areas and you will find gold.

Thanks for the encouragement I went out this arvo and did some white clay mullick heaps found some lead shot and met a guy who has just bought an 2300 and a 7000 has found only few specs in a couple of months

Latest posts