SDC2300 for coins and relics

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know the SDC2300 is designed as a gold finder however will it work to detect coins jewellery etc on a beach or around old buildings? I am just trying to find the most versatile machine. Search for coins etc would be a secondary use I would mainly be detecting for gold I believe. Mac

It would drive you completely mad around old buildings picking up every small fragment of metal whether it's ferrous or non-ferrous. I would rather buy a cheap VLF with some discrimination.
There have been some people that have used the SDC on the beach with good results. Again though every tiny particle of metal would be picked up. At least the sand is softer than the goldfields :lol:

The SDC is top Gold finder on the forum but the SDC would be the worst machine to use for coins and relics, I agree with mbasko, the SDC would torture if used for general searching.

It will work. I have used it myself for that as well. But honest truth, it is a gold machine and that is its main design and focus. I still believe the relic game is a VLF world atm.

No one machine will do it all perfect. They tend to excel in one area. Maybe do as I am doing and get a Equinox 800 to compliment my 7000. With those 2 babies I should have all bases covered.

Latest posts