Dual Battery

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hAyyoUinAU said:
I can charge a battery at 800rpm or 200rpm and it will make no difference at all to the output.

Hope this helps.

It will if the load at the time is higher than the IL rating of the alternator ? IL rating and IRA ratings vastly different. One being an idle speed rating the other being a max output at "rated" test speed. A 120 amp alt is it's IRA rating not it's IL rating. It's IL rating may only be 50 amps.
How does it help the original poster? Understanding how something works will give the answer to the question asked
It is what it is, Ohm, Ampere and others sorted it all long before I was around an their intelligence and knowledge goes way beyond mine.

Mr RR so true your post
I don't believe there is any nice way to tell someone they are wrong? One can simply post the facts and leave snide comments out of it in the hope that those with limited knowledge on a particular subject are prevented from being miss lead perhaps?

Sweeper said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
I can charge a battery at 800rpm or 200rpm and it will make no difference at all to the output.

Hope this helps.

It will if the load at the time is higher than the IL rating of the alternator ? IL rating and IRA ratings vastly different. One being an idle speed rating the other being a max output at "rated" test speed. A 120 amp alt is it's IRA rating not it's IL rating. It's IL rating may only be 50 amps.

How does it help the original poster? Understanding how something works will give the answer to the question asked
It is what it is, Ohm, Ampere and others sorted it all long before I was around an their intelligence and knowledge goes way beyond mine.

I did not know about the IL and IRA, When I saw the IRA bit I thought :bomb: and that you meant someone was going to blow it up, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charging a battery does not indicate how flat the battery is.
Generally any battery that drops voltage too low will be damaged. And will not charge fully, no matter how long you try.
Its chemistry, not electrics.

My statement was that charge load is not determined by the engine rpm. 1000rpm or 3000rpm the alternator will still charge the same.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Charging a battery does not indicate how flat the battery is.
Generally any battery that drops voltage too low will be damaged. And will not charge fully, no matter how long you try.
Its chemistry, not electrics.

My statement was that charge load is not determined by the engine rpm. 1000rpm or 3000rpm the alternator will still charge the same.

Yeah I got one of those Battery Chargers on wheels and it puts out 310Amps on Boost and 35Amps on High, It's great have for starting cars/Semi's etc but it can also kill Batteries in minutes, too higher amperage and it will buckle the plates, Even on a 115/1000cca deep cycle battery I never run it above the medium setting which is about 20 to 24 Amps Max and I only put it on that setting for an hour at a time. On the lowest setting it puts out about 15Amps +/-.

If a Battery is left to go 100% flat the Acid turns to water and has no bitter taste but if you charge it up it turns to Acid again.

Not to sure what needed editing in my post? Must be kinder stuff I missed for Jefe to delete it ?
BUT given what was edited changes the context of my post,delete the complete post?
Also why it had to be edited out would be nice to know?
Again delete complete post as it is now incorrect or take my name off it and put yours on it is also fine
thank you

No problem your the Jefe but please explain me what was childish that I posted that you saw fit to delete?
Fair question?

this whole site some days is all about giving someone a hard time a lot of so called experts here who wont just let it go they just have to keep digging and digging :N:

Yeah i would agree on the no idea bit but not sure who's going off at anyone? :eek: Undoubtedly would be more than one member with vast experience in this field in their resume I would imagine? So one would hope your not suggesting everyone else shut up and blindly follow?
Healthy respectful debate never hurt anyone :p

NOT the way it was going. It wasn't just yours cleaned out but others as well. AND it was disrespectful disagreement over a technical issue.

Jaros said:
NOT the way it was going. It wasn't just yours cleaned out but others as well. AND it was disrespectful disagreement over a technical issue.

Guess I must have missed something in the deleted posts :eek:
Pissin competitions, people going off and so called experts? Yep that's sure to do it every time by golly by gee :D
Thank God the lads at Laanecoorie were much friendlier otherwise would have been a blood bath :eek: :D

nearly every time a tech question gets asked It turns into a pissing comp some time it would be better just to goggle it due to the I can do one better than you dumb attitude some members have take on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts