New Find with the Metal Detector - No idea what it is?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently went out to explore around some old diggings in North East Victoria and came across this stone that made my little Aldi $99 detector go bezerk

this nug was found about 8 inchs underground within 10 M from the ridge of a creek that winds through area that had several mines.

This was my first time detecting beyond the backyard and local park so needless to say I let a out a big "YOU BEAUTY" when i dug it up and it turned out to be a solid nug but i didnt see anythig shiny so i busted it open when i got back to my car.

Here she is...

https:// imgur.com/a/b870p

remove spaces

Rockhunter62 said:
Looks like some type of aluminium blob.

Cheers

Doug

Cheers Doug, I just posted a few more pics to the same link provided showing the outside of part of the nugget... not sure if that helps....

How sure are you its aluminium.... ? any way of me testing this mate?

it doesnt feel light as I would expect it to be if it was Aluminium...then again ive never picked up Aluminium out of the ground.... so you think i should hit it with a blow torch?

COULD BE BISMUTH WHICH IS A CHEMICAL ELEMENT ATOM NUMBER 83. NOT QUITE SURE. HOPE THIS HELPS . I FOUND SOME OF THIS STUFF SENT MY MACHINE CRAZY.

1506222380_img_20170923_173312.jpg

Latest posts