Family at Durikai

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hAyyoUinAU

Rick
Reaction score
Myself and my kids are going to Durikai and Talgai next week. Does anyone know of any motels or hotels nearby that would be decent?

I have been to Durikai a few times but only to go prospecting, never looked around the local area.

I know I could go googling, but figured I would ask the masses on here with their wealth of knowledge. Didn't want to have to drive all the way back to Warwick area

There are no motels out at Durikai however the pub at Karara may be worth a try. Not sure if they have rooms or not

Last year I was spending many weekends at Warwick Motels...primarily the Coachman (great place). Warwick is quite expensive for weekend room rates. $140 TO $150 per night excluding any meals.

I would drive out to the gold fields each day. The daily commute was a pain in the neck.

I am about to head back to work at Toowoomba and will again spend some weekends detecting at Durikai.

I was going to stay at Glendons but their cabins are closed till some time in October. They have also ceased some aspects of prospecting..so no point in staying there.

I bought a small tent and some camping gear and I will camp down behind the pub at Karara. I believe its about $12 per night to access toilets and shower.

Hope you work out something suitable.

MikeB05 said:
There are no motels out at Durikai however the pub at Karara may be worth a try. Not sure if they have rooms or not

Last year I was spending many weekends at Warwick Motels...primarily the Coachman (great place). Warwick is quite expensive for weekend room rates. $140 TO $150 per night excluding any meals.

I would drive out to the gold fields each day. The daily commute was a pain in the neck.

I am about to head back to work at Toowoomba and will again spend some weekends detecting at Durikai.

I was going to stay at Glendons but their cabins are closed till some time in October. They have also ceased some aspects of prospecting..so no point in staying there.

I bought a small tent and some camping gear and I will camp down behind the pub at Karara. I believe its about $12 per night to access toilets and shower.

Hope you work out something suitable.

Yeah I didn't like the reviews about the Karara pub so might have to settle for the $150 rooms at Warwick. Yeah the commute sucks, but a lot better than driving back to Ipswich.

I have decided to take ZED and the kids to Durikai, at a spot I found some gold with the SDC , on first day and then go out to Talgai on Day 2.

I will be there Tues/Wed so if you are in the area, feel free to come and say hi.

Time to start preparing.

bigdog said:
How did you go at Durikai find any yellow?

Spent time looking at some abandoned mines with kids in a non GPA area so no metal detecting. No AU.

Had a look at North West of Talgai GPA, looks good but need 4WD to get into good areas.

Same with Durikai.

At least kids had fun, I will go back in a couple weeks with 4WD access or alone so I can get to the remote areas.

Cando said:
How about Glendon, they have cabins.. don't know what they like
http://glendoncamping.com.au/general-info/price-listing/

Maybe somebody here can comment on what they are like in regards for kids as well.

I would stay there myself no problem, hell even sleep in my car. lol

I did go for a drive down to Glendons just for quick drive by and it looked ok. Very dried up so BYO water. They have a gully named Nugget Gully, lol.

If the cabins are nice, would be smarter place to stay than all the way at Warwick. :Y: :Y:

The mine I looked at was the famous Sultan and Taylor mine.

Got some video footage and some drone footage for video. Will upload links when I get the time to finish.

Latest posts