The Secret World Of Gold - Documentary

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great post mate. It makes us ask all kinds of questions.
Why do I seek gold, knowing that I'll not find the retirement stone, and I'll never sell any of my finds - just leave to the kids.
For me, it's a hobby pure and simple, yet I have the gold fever.
It's the research, the challenge, the hunt, the bush/scenery, the critters, the comradery, the exercise and the history.
I also feel for the desperate lost souls who were involved in trying to make a very tough living.
I marvel at their work under extreme conditions, and have visited many cemeteries (particularly the Child cemetery in Castlemaine) to better understand their plight.
I our lives, we are just gold custodians, and any gold that we find will last beyond you and I till the end of time.

BigWave said:
Great post mate. It makes us ask all kinds of questions.
Why do I seek gold, knowing that I'll not find the retirement stone, and I'll never sell any of my finds - just leave to the kids.
For me, it's a hobby pure and simple, yet I have the gold fever.
It's the research, the challenge, the hunt, the bush/scenery, the critters, the comradery, the exercise and the history.
I also feel for the desperate lost souls who were involved in trying to make a very tough living.
I marvel at their work under extreme conditions, and have visited many cemeteries (particularly the Child cemetery in Castlemaine) to better understand their plight.
I our lives, we are just gold custodians, and any gold that we find will last beyond you and I till the end of time.

That's right BigWave.
I ask myself that a lot. I am the same, can't sell any of my gold at all. Gold lasts forever unlike everything else in this world. I hope that my children will understand and pass it down too. I often think we have it easy now a days, but honest truth is we don't. Gold is harder to find than ever before. There are multitude of reasons as to why. I love the challenge of trying to do the impossible, and finding AU these days is getting harder and harder.

Main reason is all the good land is taken up, and the areas they give us for prospecting are a joke really. But we do what we can with what we have.

I think that if the 10,000 guys detecting before us had of shown respect in the game, there would be a lot of better areas opened up to us. But that is not the case, still to this day, even out on Carbean Rd, fresh rubbish. WHY????? And yes, I take other peoples rubbish home with me nearly everytime I go out.

Let's hope Talgai is a bit better in that regards, but I am not holding my breath.

Latest posts