Croc Gold Trap Fluid Bed Sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking sluice Lucky Dan, sorry to ask this but how does it work? I've watched the videos but what stops the gold from being washed out. I only ask as it looks very interesting and I might have some spare cash soon.

I like the idea of not having to clasify all the best with it Dan.

Hi mate
The the water and paydirt flows through the grizzleys and into the box. The box has tubes with holes in their sides. The tubes catch the water flow.The water coming out of the holes in the side of the tubes agitate the water in the box. The heavier stuff, gold, sinks to the bottom of the box (being helped by the water flowing out of the tubes) and anything lighter is forced out because of the turbulence created from the tubes. The gold just sits at the bottom like Sh&$T to a blanket!

Here is a rough diagram. I'll look for something a bit clearer soon.
1505774265_img_3832.jpg

If you want anymore info, you can always give me a call.

Cheers, Andy

Thanks, I really appreciate this I've been looking at these for a little while now but didn't know understand how they worked.

I'm off to have my Tax done soon and was thinking this might be a great new toy :D Now I just need to convince my wife.

Thanks again.

Just new to prospecting and forum. Was looking at Bazooka sluices a while back but found out on the TreasureNet site that they are no longer made and bought a used Keene sluice. Looks like there are a couple of fluid bed options now available with the Croc Gold trap. Saw another fluid bed on the TreasureNet site called a Grizzly Gold Trap - wish I would have waited a while longer instead of getting the Keene. Just need to save up more money! Looks like most prospectors have a couple of sluices.

Hey lucky Dan I've been trying to buy a bazooka or a croc trap but am struggling to find a supplier, any idea where I can get one? Cheers

G'Day Edi

Croc gold has gone out of business. You will have to get one from a US supplier but that is very expensive given exchange rates and shipping as well unit costs. I got the small one before they folded but wanted the mid sized. Had to end up making one instead. Made mine out of aluminium which I think is better as its heavier and does not run the risk of floating away like the ABS ones. I used 2mm aluminium plate which I had to get from an aluminium supplier and various bits of angle plate which you can get from Bunnings.

If you are in Victoria or coming through happy to show you.

Araluen

SWright said:
G'Day Edi

Croc gold has gone out of business. You will have to get one from a US supplier but that is very expensive given exchange rates and shipping as well unit costs. I got the small one before they folded but wanted the mid sized. Had to end up making one instead. Made mine out of aluminium which I think is better as its heavier and does not run the risk of floating away like the ABS ones. I used 2mm aluminium plate which I had to get from an aluminium supplier and various bits of angle plate which you can get from Bunnings.

If you are in Victoria or coming through happy to show you.

Araluen

Grizzly Gold has stopped production due to their moulds breaking and massive hikes in material supplies making it unrealistic to spend thousands on new aluminium moulds.

Im pretty sure Croc Gold is still operating? Their site is still up?

Im pretty sure Croc Gold is still operating? Their site is still up
They are not manufacturing atm, but will be resuming in the new year, so not available for now.

Thanks aussieau. I sure hope there is some water left by then as my heart says buy Aussie made always although the snake river expedition looks pretty handy and well priced. Anyone ever use one?

G'Day Justin

Sorry mate still use it. Its a great smallish one to put into a back pack. You can make one easy enough. I had to do that because I could not get the medium sized one any more. Happy to tell how

Steve

SWright said:
G'Day Justin

Sorry mate still use it. Its a great smallish one to put into a back pack. You can make one easy enough. I had to do that because I could not get the medium sized one any more. Happy to tell how

Steve
I would be interested to see how to make one as well.

Latest posts