Croc Gold Trap Fluid Bed Sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now ready to go!

The Croc Gold Trap range has now completed it's first production run and is ready for delivery. Available in three sizes, these fluid bed sluices, modelled on the old BazookaGold Trap and are producing excellent results. They are made on the Sunny Coast in Queensland. For more info, go to www.crocgoldtraps.com.au or our Croc Gold Traps Facebook page
Introductory offer of free hat or T-shirt!
1505112747_croc-gold-traps-facebook-cover-image-082017.jpg

Best wishes Lucky Dan,

I have seen your new Crog Gold Traps and they are a sturdy, well built unit that works well.

Just gotta pray for rain up here in Gympie so we can get into those creeks.
regards
Mike

Thanks Mike
I'm really excited about them!
Hope it rains soon so we can take advantage of the secret spots around the area. Hope to catch up soon.

I have used a bazooka for years and know their efficiency in collecting river gold.
What is the difference between your product and the original bazooka.
With the crack down on high bankers in NSW, river sluices will become very popular. Be good to know the differences, e.g constructed of what material, lengths available and grizzly bar widths.

? Looks like a good product there mate, have seen the old bazookas in action and can see the similarities between the two.
Will have a good sticky at your videos when I get home, would be interested to see how they stack up with ordinary river sluices and very interested in seeing it setup as a mini highbanker!

All the best,
TGW.

Brumble-Gum said:
I have used a bazooka for years and know their efficiency in collecting river gold.
What is the difference between your product and the original bazooka.
With the crack down on high bankers in NSW, river sluices will become very popular. Be good to know the differences, e.g constructed of what material, lengths available and grizzly bar widths.

Hi Brumble Gum
Ive kept them as close as possible, i.e. build quality, materials and design to the original Bazooka. Grizzly's are same width and same grade stainless. The only real difference is the sticker. I was bringing Bazookas in from the US until the Bazooka guys had a tiff and shut up shop. I was really disappointed as everyone who had one thought they were great, including me. Some of the last ones I had ended up being sold back to prospectors in the states as there were none left.

The Green Wanderer said:
? Looks like a good product there mate, have seen the old bazookas in action and can see the similarities between the two.
Will have a good sticky at your videos when I get home, would be interested to see how they stack up with ordinary river sluices and very interested in seeing it setup as a mini highbanker!

All the best,
TGW.

Hope you enjoy the videos mate - high banker kits are in the pipeline (pardon the pun!)

Looks great! Do these catch smaller gold than a regular sluice box? I know they would catch more gold in total because of faster feed rates and auto classification. Thanks - Jack

Jack's Gems said:
Looks great! Do these catch smaller gold than a regular sluice box? I know they would catch more gold in total because of faster feed rates and auto classification. Thanks - Jack

If I said 'yes' I am sure this would spark a healthy debate! The Treasure Net forum has an interesting debate on this subject relating to the Bazooka:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/sluicing/434834-do-bazookas-really-catch-fine-gold.html

It has good info regarding the science of the fluid bed sluice design.

Lucky Dan said:
ballarat_gold said:
yobskin said:
I like the fluid bed concept. ..

What he said ^^ bazookas are cool

Product looks sweet.!

Thanks Ballarat gold If you look on the website, there is a blonde in a video using one, making them look even sweeter!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4949/1505188390_img_3533.jpg
Soooo Lucky Dan :eek: where's this ellusive video I've had no success searching for 8) :lol:
:D Got a link 8) :Y:

Love to know whats inside the magic box :eek: :lol:
Cool sluice Lucky Dan :cool: :Y: love how little flow it needs to work
They'll be a sweet seller :cool:

That was some real slow flowing water ....amazing to see it still self classify....i like the easy clean up..just dump it in a bucket.
Its good to see even a young girl having fun with it.

Ha Ha great video...

good to see Jonno and the Mrs are now movie stars...

still...the Croc Goldtrap is a very good unit...I have seen it in operation at Gympie and it's really well made, tough as, easy to set up and use, easy to clean out and best of all...no classifying. The fluid bed part captures fine gold and every bit of bigger gold.

Made in Australia by Lucky Dan...a great product!!! :) :)

MikeB05 said:
Ha Ha great video...

good to see Jonno and the Mrs are now movie stars...

still...the Croc Goldtrap is a very good unit...I have seen it in operation at Gympie and it's really well made, tough as, easy to set up and use, easy to clean out and best of all...no classifying. The fluid bed part captures fine gold and every bit of bigger gold.

Made in Australia by Lucky Dan...a great product!!! :) :)

Thanks Mike
I reckon they are destined for the big screen (Wolf Creek 3?)
Couldnt have got the project up and running without the help and feedback of local experienced prospectors who have the common goal of having a few laughs, telling stories and even catching some gold!

Latest posts