Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sovereignone said:
Motorola g5 android
hAyyoUinAU said:
Sovereignone said:
Have found Equinox suffers from mobile interference, try airplane mode on phone makes huge difference.

Let me guess. It is an iPhone.

Hmm.
I wonder why the Samsung Galaxy s8 doesn't interfere with it. Or is it carrier related?
Will also be interesting to see what Minelab says about it. Glad it doesn't happen to me. I need my phone on at all times.
And I also use a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier watch, always synced via Bluetooth. No problems there either.

Got mine this arvo, now patiently waiting for it to charge up, hmmm I best not drink too many beers while waiting or I won't make it up to my local oval to test it out, lucky it's only a 50 metre walk though. :) :Y:

The sensitivity is great on very small pieces of gold, even inside my house, niiiiice. :D

Heatho said:
Got mine this arvo, now patiently waiting for it to charge up, hmmm I best not drink too many beers while waiting or I won't make it up to my local oval to test it out, lucky it's only a 50 metre walk though. :) :Y:

The sensitivity is great on very small pieces of gold, even inside my house, niiiiice. :D
Good to know mate picked up mine this arvo between shifts...I'm staring at the box for the next 3 hrs :N:

HoudiniHarry said:
Hi Heatho, it would be interesting to see how it goes on small gold nuggets and depth. Good luck

I'm going to give it a go on the goldfields on my next trip out there, I'll do a writeup on it when I do. It's probably not going do anywhere near as well as an SDC but it should get small 0.2 ones down an inch or two I reckon.

Havnt done any personal tests yet but I hope it goes MUCH MUCH deeper than 6 inches on any coin...in any mode.... :Y:

hAyyoUinAU said:
For those who don't know, any time you change Detect Modes, you should do a Noise Cancel straight after. :Y:

I'm doing it wrong then... Ive only ever bothered to do a notice cancel once.

Smoky bandit said:
Havnt done any personal tests yet but I hope it goes MUCH MUCH deeper than 6 inches on any coin...in any mode.... :Y:

Yeah...that I think he was being conservative. I pulled a English One Penny 8 inches down, and it was on its side. But I wouldn't be surprised if the CTX's will hit deeper in a less trashy area especially. I certainly do not expect it to find anything like what ZED does.

Its price comparative I would say. Minelab situated it that way. Great machine regardless of how deep.

Nuggetbuster said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
For those who don't know, any time you change Detect Modes, you should do a Noise Cancel straight after. :Y:

I'm doing it wrong then... Ive only ever bothered to do a notice cancel once.

In the NOX the NOISE cancel is specific to whatever program you are in. Once you turn machine off, they default to 0. If you do a noise cancel say in Park Mode 1, then it will noise cancel only for Park Mode 1. All other modes will still be at default of noise cancel 0.
If you switch to modes you have done a noise cancel for without turning the machine off, they will retain the last noise cancel done.

Seems to find a quieter channel and run smoother.

Nuggetbuster said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Well the 600 is not an 800. No matter what.
The extra 300 is not JUST for headphones and gold mode.

As I understand it that's pretty much about it, besides the ADVANCED settings, which give you finer control over some settings.

Is there something else I am missing?

I just re-realised (I now remember reading this before I bought my original 800) that the 600 has a slower maximum recovery speed than the 800... So I might not be as successful in very trashy areas...

And I'll probably never know if I was unlucky enough to have the find of a lifetime masked by a nearby piece of junk that the 800 may have picked up due to a slightly faster recovery speed.

I don't know if it's enough of a difference to be concerned about.

The other issues regarding the 600/800 difference don't really interest me as much as that issue.

Oh, well... Once I pay the 600 off in finds, I might sell it and buy another 800 :8

Nuggetbuster said:
Nuggetbuster said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Well the 600 is not an 800. No matter what.
The extra 300 is not JUST for headphones and gold mode.

As I understand it that's pretty much about it, besides the ADVANCED settings, which give you finer control over some settings.

Is there something else I am missing?

I just re-realised (I now remember reading this before I bought my original 800) that the 600 has a slower maximum recovery speed than the 800... So I might not be as successful in very trashy areas...

And I'll probably never know if I was unlucky enough to have the find of a lifetime masked by a nearby piece of junk that the 800 may have picked up due to a slightly faster recovery speed.

I don't know if it's enough of a difference to be concerned about.

The other issues regarding the 600/800 difference don't really interest me as much as that issue.

Oh, well... Once I pay the 600 off in finds, I might sell it and buy another 800 :8

Yeah, I would rather have all frequencies running at the same time, not just 3. Small gold will be missed especially in trashy areas.
At least you know you will have stuff left behind by the 600 that the 800 can find.

Latest posts