Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FNQ said:
Wasn't going crazy this morning (go figure??) but still wouldn't react to coin air tests. Checked the connection and tried it down the park, no joy.

Spoke with Minelab and at their request have posted the unit back to them. They are refunding my postage and are sending me a different unit. No issues there! Seems I'm the very first punter to have a drama like this.

:Y: :Y: first punter in Australia to own two NoX's perhaps :lol: :D :lol:

FNQ said:
Had a short play with it tonight. Started it up, numbers jumping all over the place, even when held up in the air. Did a factory reset. Tried multiple noise cancellations/ground balances and after turning the sensitivity right down, I managed to get it to settle down a little but it was still beeping away and continually changing numbers between 1 and 16. I tried an air test on a dollar coin - nothing. I sure hope mine isn't a dud unit.

I'll have a better try tomorrow in another location. Maybe my back yard is the problem?

There have been a few videos on this issue. Most have been caused by the users mobile phone. Stick in in airplane mode and give that a try.

My first hour out with the Nox. Biggest difference to gold prospecting is having to look at the screen. I have basically dug everything just so I can learn the numbers.

The tube is an old shaving cream of some sort. Only a bit of writing this side but has 'olive oil' and 'a smooth shaving luxury' on the other. A nice old 1c and 20c coin and a chain with 'off' on pendant (maybe light switch chain?). Most around the 6" depth but did dig a can at just on a foot.

1521680819_img_4037.jpg

I'm in a modern estate on a hill of hard rock. I have had a little sniff in the past, just cans from the workers, building bits and junk.
Although I often wish I was at one of my previous houses, as it was older, and in an area full of history.
That's always the way.

Our place was built around the 50s so should be a few pre decimals mixed amongst the usual backyard crap. Only problem is were out on a farm so theres hundreds of sluggy plus shorty pellets :8

Latest posts