Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other side of buttons and link. I can't make out the markings on bullet casing as its a bit damaged on the end. It has been fired.

1521182030_20180316_163048.jpg

I won't post anymore on this and keep this page for Equinox Information. I will make my own EQX800 Finds Page.

Today I wasn't focusing too much on ID numbers, just more shallow strong targets. I only ran in Park 1 for now...

All I think about is prospecting for gold. But that requires time and money where I am, which is not always available.
Now I find myself getting excited over buttons and buckles..and a bit of bling, but who doesn't get excited of bling or AU.

I think I just like what a lot of people on here like. The surprise of what's in the hole. The hunt, the dig, the find.
And most of the time, unless its aluminium, its just cool to find stuff, especially without having to worry about detector issues and knowing the ground you covered has had multiple frequencies in one swing.

More Brownie points for NOX. And I like the tones and pitch. I also think the speaker is just fine, I had turned it up other day near a noisy road, but in the park today, it was too loud so I put it back down. lol.

Carrying the NOX around literally feels like you are just carrying a stick around. Well done again Minelab. :Y:

I love gold detecting as well but I really think that treasure hunting is just as exciting if not more exciting, you just never know what's going to come out of the hole, you can do it locally and the finds really do add up quite quickly, especially when you're armed with such a capable detector such as the Nox.

Wait until you start getting some nice silver coins, addictive stuff. :)

I love the buttons, they tell a story.
Those with a makers mark can be researched on the web.

How cool is it knowing that in 1860 to 1870 A fat little Irishman was on this spot swinging his pick with one hand and holding his pants up with the other, because his fat little beer belly popped his button. :Y:

It wasn't that long ago when buttons and buckles were considered a nuisance in the goldfields, and most finds were chucked out along with all the ferrous trash. There must be some absolute gems sitting in landfill or at the bottom of old shafts!

I'm so glad that attitudes have changed and there is a big appreciation for anything with a bit of history behind it.

Going up about a dollar a day in finds, will soon be rich, am on sick leave only out for about half an hour a day to get some air in my lungs.
Still working on pulltab discrimination, seems impossible.

Sovereignone said:
Going up about a dollar a day in finds, will soon be rich, am on sick leave only out for about half an hour a day to get some air in my lungs.

I think it is, pull tabs just go with the territory. Unless you are looking for iron. lol

hAyyoUinAU said:
The other side of buttons and link. I can't make out the markings on bullet casing as its a bit damaged on the end. It has been fired.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10637/1521182030_20180316_163048.jpg

I won't post anymore on this and keep this page for Equinox Information. I will make my own EQX800 Finds Page.

Today I wasn't focusing too much on ID numbers, just more shallow strong targets. I only ran in Park 1 for now...

Your bullet casing looks like a 5.56mm blank used by the Aus military.

Cheers

Doug

The pull tabs will give 2 to three different tid's instead of a single locked on tid, also quite often you will get a double blip because of the hole in the pulltab. Spend a little time swinging over your targets from different angles and listen to what the machine is telling you. Better to do this whilst learning a new machine, the speed will come naturally as you get more in tune. ;)
Sovereignone said:

I added a piece of foam I had laying around to the end of the NOX. I was going to add another between the handle piece and arm rest but didn't have enough for both.
I think it looks much better and won't poke anyone. :Y:

1521332673_20180318_101720.jpg

Hayyouinau, I've only had my Equinox 800 for a few days, it's ease of use is a winner for me. I had the headphones and nox charging, easy peasy, put it all together, easy peasy, downloaded the full manual and printed it, very simple to understand, easy peasy, paired the headphones and got started with ground balance, had a flick through the settings on the panel, easy to follow and understand, got going and found aluminium rubbish and jar lid and some roofing nails and a nice pendant, taking note of the ID numbers for reference, pinpointer is so easy to use and spot on too over the target. The sounds it makes are easy to listen too, (our dogs love it), it's light and I'm really rapt so far. :Y:

hAyyoUinAU said:
I added a piece of foam I had laying around to the end of the NOX. I was going to add another between the handle piece and arm rest but didn't have enough for both.
I think it looks much better and won't poke anyone. :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10637/1521332673_20180318_101720.jpg

I thought I would have more of a chance creeping up on the gold sovereigns by using some camo wrap, did it to stop the rubber catching but decided to give the handle some protection as well.

1521343299_image.jpg

Where is it Wally??? I can't see the NOX???? (LOL)

Oh...I couldn't help myself. Had to get another piece of foam, although it isn't exactly what I had in mind, it works for now. No added weight really.

PIMP my NOX

1521344745_20180318_134125.jpg

Latest posts