Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldwright said:
Well have spent a few hours on the Nox now and have found it very good. High reactivity tends to scramble ID numbers a bit but have found park 2 in 5khz with a lower sensitivity locks onto the $1s and $2s even with high reactivity. I think FP is a little to hot for a new user as its very chatty and even in multi it suffers EMI just like the Deus on suburban turf something the CTX does not suffer from. This thing is fast and needs to be run in park 2 with 50 tones to really be of any use at that speed but seriously this thing seems to be as fast as the Deus but time will tell. Fun machine and you can nearly swing 2 of them at once and be the same as the CTX. I have removed the foam from the arm rest as its a pain but other than that nice to use. Will spend more hours on it in the coming days and learn some more nothing like a new toy.

great info, want those 1's and 2's nice and easy so not as to disturb unnecessary ground:)

I'd say they would have slowed down, or even stopped production of the 600 for now.
And probably won't want to increase the margin either, could affect 800 sales too.

I'm thinking (totally guessing) that the 600 might end up being discontinued as and option, and they will focus on the 800.

Then in the near future we might see an Equinox 1000 which will have even more useful features. :eek: :eek: :eek:

hAyyoUinAU said:
I'd say they would have slowed down, or even stopped production of the 600 for now.
And probably won't want to increase the margin either, could affect 800 sales too.

I'm thinking (totally guessing) that the 600 might end up being discontinued as and option, and they will focus on the 800.

Then in the near future we might see an Equinox 1000 which will have even more useful features. :eek: :eek: :eek:

minelab dont think like that :).. and besides they arnt just thinking about the Australian market (the millions in the US,USSR etc etc).. did they stop on the xterra line when the 705 was there? no they kept up the 505 and 305.. the 600 is selling..look at you tube, lots of folks strutting about with 600's :).. the 600 can do at least 80 percent of what the 800 does, and there will always be folks that dont need the extra features (like the gold frequencies, so the millions of potential coin hunters/relic hunters only, have an option,and in this economic climate, a saving of 300 bucks or so is mighty appealling to many folks..No, minelab, will keep the 600.. theres a huge market for it :) (totally guessing,as well..)

hAyyoUinAU said:
And then I would still want the 800 anyways.. lol

Price margin is wrong, 600s will stay stagnant, unless maybe they do extra coil packages with it.

Will be interesting to see.

totally agree :Y:

Well, I couldn't wait till the morning.

Unpacked a set of Avantree Audition headphones, about $80, and took two goes to get them to pair up to Mr. Knox, but very happy. Comfortable and nice sound.

They only feel a little laggy when you have recovery on max and you sweep very fast. They are available in a Low Latency PRO version, but at twice the cost in Aus.

anton said:
hAyyoUinAU said:

minelab dont think like that :).. and besides they arnt just thinking about the Australian market (the millions in the US,USSR etc etc).. did they stop on the xterra line when the 705 was there? no they kept up the 505 and 305.. the 600 is selling..look at you tube, lots of folks strutting about with 600's :).. the 600 can do at least 80 percent of what the 800 does, and there will always be folks that dont need the extra features (like the gold frequencies, so the millions of potential coin hunters/relic hunters only, have an option,and in this economic climate, a saving of 300 bucks or so is mighty appealling to many folks..No, minelab, will keep the 600.. theres a huge market for it :) (totally guessing,as well..)
There is a big difference between the 305 505 and the 705..much more features. I may be wrong but it's only the gold mode from the 600 to 800..I was concidering getting the 600 but I don't need to upgrade my 705 for park hunts..And I just got a soverign gt for the beach :Y: :D Mybe if the Terra eventually dies a nox 600 will fill the missing spot :D ;)

1519853918_minelab-equinox-600-800-specifications.jpg.9736405e79341673c31bf7fa28435695.jpg

This thing continues to surprise me, I came into it with quite low expectations but wow. I am past $100 in moderns in less than 10 hours on it and it is just a power house of a $1300 Machine. The 20-22 ID on goldies put me off a little but it is very accurate much like the CTX when you get a sweet tone and the ID is right its a coin. Squashed bottle tops still ring up in the range but I reckon due to it's sensitivity you can tell the difference between a solid round object and a squashed round object with tones. I really like using it.

hAyyoUinAU said:

Well get cracking on the wish list....I'll go first...expanded TID for starters. Loving the look of the 1000 already.

PhaseTech said:

Funny that you post that link...

By pure chance on the other morning (right place, right time - an unexpected detour took me somewhere I wasn't planning on going), I was able to buy an Equinox 800 from a dealer.

Yesterday morning, I decided that I'm selling the Equinox 800...

... and buying a 600.

I think that the extra features on the 800 (and the Bluetooth headphones, which I'll probably never use) are unnecessary for me.

Nuggetbuster said:
PhaseTech said:

Funny that you post that link...

By pure chance on the other morning (right place, right time - an unexpected detour took me somewhere I wasn't planning on going), I was able to buy an Equinox 800 from a dealer.

Yesterday morning, I decided that I'm selling the Equinox 800...

... and buying a 600.

I think that the extra features on the 800 (and the Bluetooth headphones, which I'll probably never use) are unnecessary for me.

How much ;) ]:D

Latest posts