Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. It will compliment ZED very well. ZED and NOX. The start of a beautiful partnership. lol

The Makro may be good for small gold, but its not the greatest for relics or coins. "No offence Makro, you have served me well."

Why are the mods allowing screen shots and direct quotes from other forums on here? The proper thing to do would be to put a link to where the information is posted not do a direct copy and paste or a screen shot of the post.

My comments are not anything secret I'm just not comfortable with people cross pollinating material I've posted elsewhere.

JP

Jonathan Porter said:
Why are the mods allowing screen shots and direct quotes from other forums on here? The proper thing to do would be to put a link to where the information is posted not do a direct copy and paste or a screen shot of the post.

My comments are not anything secret I'm just not comfortable with people cross pollinating material I've posted elsewhere.

JP

Sorry JP, that was my bad. I didn't know that wasn't allowed. I will no do it again.

PS. This was not intended to offend anyone.
It was a Minelab Equinox topic that we have been running before its debut to bring information about this great new machine from Minelab.
The only reason for the screen grab was that JP's opinion is important. A link will be supplied in future.
I will ask the mods to delete that post.

Rick

hAyyoUinAU said:
It was a Minelab Equinox topic that we have been running before its debut to bring information about this great new machine from Minelab.
The only reason for the screen grab was that JP's opinion is important. A link will be supplied in future.

Rick

Rick I wouldn't worry about it I'm sure JP's a big enough lad to get over it ;)
Not sure on correct protocol on links versus copy and paste but with Treasure talk stuff I guess technically minelab own it as they are the ones paying for the info ?
For my money the sharing of info is what it's all about and can't see any harm done .................. but that's just my humble opinion. :Y:

Jonathan Porter said:

JP

We are pretty busy here some days JP and it's difficult to read every post, if you see something on PA you don't like in future please use the report button.

Cheers

Bogger said:
hAyyoUinAU said:

Rick

Rick I wouldn't worry about it I'm sure JP's a big enough lad to get over it ;)
Not sure on correct protocol on links versus copy and paste but with Treasure talk stuff I guess technically minelab own it as they are the ones paying for the info ?
For my money the sharing of info is what it's all about and can't see any harm done .................. but that's just my humble opinion. :Y:

The correct way to do it is to post a link, JP is right, we don't want to get other forums off side at all. It is basically copyright material.

Had another long session yesterday.
Brighton beach.
Didn't get much.
5c and a shell casing which was a little surprising.

I think the "interference" I was experiencing was just change jangling in my pocket.

I stripped myself of as much metal as possible and the detector was dead quiet.

If you're talking Brighton in Adelaide heaps of guys including myself have been working it. Gotta get right out in the gutters on a low tide

PhaseTech said:
If you're talking Brighton in Adelaide heaps of guys including myself have been working it. Gotta get right out in the gutters on a low tide
No actually was in Melbourne. Thanks anyway.

This is definitely user error. I am a complete newbie.

I really am just trying to come to terms with the machine. I also am waiting on a pinpointer to come in tomorrow. I simply could not find some targets. Those I could took forever to locate.

I think I will do a bit more research into where to look and try again in a couple of days.

HouseholdDog said:
PhaseTech said:
No actually was in Melbourne. Thanks anyway.

This is definitely user error. I am a complete newbie.

I really am just trying to come to terms with the machine. I also am waiting on a pinpointer to come in tomorrow. I simply could not find some targets. Those I could took forever to locate.

I think I will do a bit more research into where to look and try again in a couple of days.

Gday

Have you tried any parks near you with your new machine ?

PhaseTech said:
To be honest I am a little nervous digging up parks.

I did have a go through one park, just for a test run but never dug anything.

Was getting responses for sure. Including one that rang up very high. I think around 34 solid.

My pinpointed arrives tomorrow so I may pluck up the nerve after I have mastered it.

It seemed a little surer on the targets in the park. Why that is I don't know.

HouseholdDog said:
PhaseTech said:

Was getting responses for sure. Including one that rang up very high. I think around 34 solid.

My pinpointed arrives tomorrow so I may pluck up the nerve after I have mastered it.

Don't be nervous ................ just get your self one of these ?

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrTF3lLCxfo[/video]

HouseholdDog said:
PhaseTech said:

Fair enough

When I started I put down some targets in the backyard ( only on the surface ) to get a feel for the tones

Then I wanted to bury some , my lawn is way too dry , so I used an area in the garden , that had enough space to swing the coil
& listen to the tones , at depth , to also get a feel .

All The beaches get plenty of Detector action , so dont be disheartened .

Latest posts