Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OldGT said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Oh, and normally, in regards to video production, Dr Tonez puts some of the most polished detecting videos out there. Hands down.

A pleasure to watch.

I can only watch him like 5 to 10 mins max... His quality is not in question here I just can't find anything likable about the guy....Actually I didn't mind him until I saw him in videos with others... has some real douche moments. Probably a great guy but not my cup of tea.

I will agree with that. Can't argue. I like his normal videos much better. I think his personality has come out a bit more in the recent videos with others, and its not necessarily to my liking either. But putting that aside, Id say that's why his other usual videos are much easier to watch. More editing, less bullshertarken, and just straight relic hunting.

He seems a bit tired and grumpy lately. Must be what happens to an American when his goes to England. lol

I was told the equinox will be here in December? I have already paid for one and I can't wait for it to get here!!!

hAyyoUinAU said:
AngerManagement said:
That would have to be one of the worse promos I have yet to see..

Not sure what you expected really. Naked women, beer...or things blowing up???

I don't think you will ever get that out of a Minelab promo vid....maybe Garrett or one of the others who spend more money on promotion than development.

From the company that launched a detector with a guy jumping from a plane, they spend plenty on marketing, just not here in Australia. LOL

clegy said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
AngerManagement said:
That would have to be one of the worse promos I have yet to see..

Not sure what you expected really. Naked women, beer...or things blowing up???

I don't think you will ever get that out of a Minelab promo vid....maybe Garrett or one of the others who spend more money on promotion than development.

From the company that launched a detector with a guy jumping from a plane, they spend plenty on marketing, just not here in Australia. LOL

You really think that cost a lot of money. Pffff.. Doubt that. That is pretty no frills promo.
It is about as big as you would expect. After all, it is a metal detector, not a car.

Westozadventures said:
I was told the equinox will be here in December? I have already paid for one and I can't wait for it to get here!!!

Mate if that's legit then tell me who to see....Xmas sounds better than Valentines, I'd happily pay a premium.

OldGT said:
Westozadventures said:

Mate if that's legit then tell me who to see....Xmas sounds better than Valentines, I'd happily pay a premium.

Reeds prospecting, they said before Christmas.
1510363807_image.jpg

I have found gold with every detector that is in my possession at the moment, mine lab gt16000 back in 1995, ATX, AT pro, GPX5000 and SDC2300 so I'm keen to try out something different now. It will be my go to relic machine mostly.

Westozadventures said:
I have found gold with every detector on my property, mine lab gt16000 back in 1995, ATX, AT pro, GPX5000 and SDC2300 so I'm keen to try out something different now. It will be my go to relic machine mostly.

Can I come stay at your house for a couple week please? :D :D

Whoops had to edit my post, I meant all the detectors in my possession, there's not gold on my property haha that'd be nice though

mbasko said:
Whitbey said:
mbasko said:
Don't you see it Guys, the are just dangling Carrot's in front of you!!!!, so you are not loosing interest!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'm not in the market for a new machine so it means little to me other than the mooted new technology. As my hobby I find a lot of new machines interesting from various manufacturers especially where new or improved technology is included.
At least the Equinox is a physical reality already released to the public unlike the machine you keep pressing which is little more than speculation & hot air at the moment all of which appears to only be coming from you! :rolleyes:

Love reading your posts MBASKO, you always sound so friendly and kind!!!!!!!!!! You must have a lot of friends who love!!!!!!!!!! You!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be Coooooooooooollllllllll, Think of your high blood pressure!!!!!!! And love hearing of you again! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) :brokenh: :brokenh: :brokenh: :brokenh: :brokenh: :brokenh: :brokenh: :brokenh: :brokenh:

Instead of a personal attack filled with false comments why don't you post some truth & facts?
You obviously don't like truth & facts or you wouldn't react so adversely when they are presented to you. I think it is you who needs to cool down & think about your high blood pressure. You're way too over excited about nothing!

Whitbey, mbasko has one over you on this one. You came into a topic about the Minelab Equinox, not other detectors.

I think he was trying to stay on topic and you seemed to be more interested in putting down the Equinox and propping up other detectors. That is fine to have your own opinion, but keep it relative. This is a Topic about the Minelab Equinox and to inform people about it.

Save the arguments for PM's please. It makes you guys and the page look not so good.

STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE

Went to the Adventure show at Moss Vale yesterday and visited the Minelab tent.They had an Equinox 800 there and after holding it I found it to be very light and an impressive bit of kit.Don't think it would be a problem to swing it for hours on end.I guess we will all have to wait and see how it performs in the field though.Tossing up now whether to get the XTerra 705 for Xmas or wait for the Equinox.

Eldorado said:
Went to the Adventure show at Moss Vale yesterday and visited the Minelab tent.They had an Equinox 800 there and after holding it I found it to be very light and an impressive bit of kit.Don't think it would be a problem to swing it for hours on end.I guess we will all have to wait and see how it performs in the field though.Tossing up now whether to get the XTerra 705 for Xmas or wait for the Equinox.

I would advice you to wait. I think the Xterra might be obsolete once the Equinox comes out. Makes sense.

We will be very eager to get them into stock once available.

Also eager to test them out.

Cheers.
Lee

Toysandthings said:
We will be very eager to get them into stock once available.

Also eager to test them out.

Cheers.
Lee

I'm guessing you have no solid date yet Lee, February at best right? Might have to come twist your arm for a forum discount lol

Dear Minelab/Santa,

I've been a good bloke this year but all this talk of a February release is making me nervous.
I've been very patient waiting for you to develop and produce this. Ive heard rumors other boys and girls have them in other places in the world. A detector shaped present under the tree for Xmas (That's December 25th, only a few weeks away now) would make me the happiest coin shooter this side of the North Pole. I will leave your present (cash) at whichever dealer needs it.

Love GT.

P.S. I already have a pinpointer and Digger already so no need for those. Merry Xmas.

Latest posts