Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The equinox killer...Hello Guys, keep on joking about XP Deus, At the end of 2017 XP Deus France is coming out withe the XP Deus 2, a new detector and XP is working on this unit since 2016. It is the competition for the new ML Equinox. The XP Deus 2 will be a multi detector for coin, treasure and Gold nugget detecting, it is based on the DEPAR DPR 600 detector, which XP Only makes for the African Gold Fields and is a simpler version of the Resent XP Deus, with out all the bells and whistles and lots cheaper, they sell them on the DEPAR website now for 400 dollar US. The XP Deus 2 is made by XP Deus France for Europe and the rest of the world, they can,'t sell the DPR 600 since it is made only for the DEPAR Distributor for the African market. The African unit only uses the of the XP Deus Gold Field program. The one made for us also has relic, treasure and Gold Field on it, the Gold Field program is taken from the resent Expensive XP Deus, it is being said that the price will be about the same as the African DPR 600 detector, I would loveeeeeeee it a XP Deus for nugget hunting for 400 Dollar US.
I am looking forward to this machine.

OldGT said:
I'll settle for a better price....nevermind tech advances....Detector prices are like (new) steel prices. ...The special deals come and go but the base cost tends to be the same.....Cost to features/capabilities ratio has me interested in the Nox......I'd buy a deus or ctx tommorow if they could make them about $500 to $700 cheaper than current retail. ...I get paying over 2k for a gold machine that you have a multitude of coils and settings for but coin and treasure....they'll be waiting a while for my hard earned, too many better value for money options.
Already got my money back on the ctx , it does find gold also. Having said that the equinox does look and sound like a really well priced option to add to the stable :Y:

Whitbey said:
The equinox killer...Hello Guys, keep on joking about XP Deus, At the end of 2017 XP Deus France is coming out withe the XP Deus 2, a new detector and XP is working on this unit since 2016. It is the competition for the new ML Equinox. The XP Deus 2 will be a multi detector for coin, treasure and Gold nugget detecting, it is based on the DEPAR DPR 600 detector, which XP Only makes for the African Gold Fields and is a simpler version of the Resent XP Deus, with out all the bells and whistles and lots cheaper, they sell them on the DEPAR website now for 400 dollar US. The XP Deus 2 is made by XP Deus France for Europe and the rest of the world, they can,'t sell the DPR 600 since it is made only for the DEPAR Distributor for the African market. The African unit only uses the of the XP Deus Gold Field program. The one made for us also has relic, treasure and Gold Field on it, the Gold Field program is taken from the resent Expensive XP Deus, it is being said that the price will be about the same as the African DPR 600 detector, I would loveeeeeeee it a XP Deus for nugget hunting for 400 Dollar US.
I am looking forward to this machine.

All cool!! But maybe you guys should make a XP Deus 2 Topic and leave the Minelab Equinox Topic to Minelab Equinox related information.

I honestly do not care for a DEUS here in Oz and if I did, I would be looking in the appropriate area.

A Minelab Equinox Topic is not the appropriate place for it.

And the GOLD Nugget detecting is probably the last reason anyone I know would be interested in a Equinox or any VLF anymore. Horses for courses. :Y:

Whitbey said:
mbasko said:
Don't you see it Guys, the are just dangling Carrot's in front of you!!!!, so you are not loosing interest!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'm not in the market for a new machine so it means little to me other than the mooted new technology. As my hobby I find a lot of new machines interesting from various manufacturers especially where new or improved technology is included.
At least the Equinox is a physical reality already released to the public unlike the machine you keep pressing which is little more than speculation & hot air at the moment all of which appears to only be coming from you! :rolleyes:

Marketing blurb, no new detail or actual detecting performed during the making of the video.

Fingers crossed that as the release date gets closer some real data will be released by the testers..

AngerManagement said:
That would have to be one of the worse promos I have yet to see..

Not sure what you expected really. Naked women, beer...or things blowing up???

I don't think you will ever get that out of a Minelab promo vid....maybe Garrett or one of the others who spend more money on promotion than development.

Oh, and normally, in regards to video production, Dr Tonez puts some of the most polished detecting videos out there. Hands down.

A pleasure to watch.

Around February for Aus right? right in time for my birthday, I don't own a detector right now, I used to have an old revision GPX 4500 that I got around 08/09 and an even older Explorer II but both got pinched along with pretty much everything else I owned in life so have not bothered for a long time now.

I nearly got a xterra 705 dual pack to get back into the game when Anaconda had them on sale, Marksman was also preaching about his Khaleesi hehe so I really was a bit lost in which direction to go, I might wait and see what the Equinox 800 reviews are like, one of you guys are bound to have one in their hands the moment they drop here.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Oh, and normally, in regards to video production, Dr Tonez puts some of the most polished detecting videos out there. Hands down.

A pleasure to watch.

I can only watch him like 5 to 10 mins max... His quality is not in question here I just can't find anything likable about the guy....Actually I didn't mind him until I saw him in videos with others... has some real douche moments. Probably a great guy but not my cup of tea.

Latest posts