Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hAyyoUinAU

Rick
Reaction score
1504783446_minelab-equinox-2017.jpg

Thought I would start a topic on Minelabs new detector to be released end of this year.

Should be cool. Seems like its a relic hunting machine. Got my eye on this one, let's hope the price is kind.

Here are some more details:

md-hunter.com/minelab-announces-sensation-new-2017

Supposedly to be announced at UK's Detectival.

My money is on a multi-freq FBS X-Terra with computer connectivity and GPS using vflex 3. Hoping such a model would be waterproof too. A smaller chassis waterproof E-Trac would be my wish. :)

Needs to take on the XP Deus, I would think...it would be rather fitting to announce it in the UK too.

AussieTex said:
Here are some more details:

md-hunter.com/minelab-announces-sensation-new-2017

Supposedly to be announced at UK's Detectival.

My money is on a multi-freq FBS X-Terra with computer connectivity and GPS using vflex 3. Hoping such a model would be waterproof too. A smaller chassis waterproof E-Trac would be my wish. :)

Needs to take on the XP Deus, I would think...it would be rather fitting to announce it in the UK too.

Yeah, I think that is its target. the XP Deus. Should be good. Can't wait as well.

I heard that the coil is a dome style, but nothing confirmed.

Minelab: ..a New VLF Hybrid tech an auto switching and simultaneous VLF/BBS system in a platform like nothing weve seen so farthink bicycle helmetsin a really strong carbon fibre plastic mix. Twin coil processors DPT (dual processor technology) one to process the ground signal only and auto GB the entire time to negate minerals the other working in tandem with multiple processors in the tiny control box to focus on the target signal to produce finer / cleaner target IDs. In essence a huge improvement on their VFLEX system which by now is old hat technology anyway..

NICE, would pair up well with ZED

One for gold and one for relics. I wonder if the price of the 3030 will drop when this is released.

This could be the discrimination that people have been looking for.

I just hope its not too pricey. Anything under $2K is reasonable.

Hopefully it's a more accurate, deeper punching more signal processing power detector than the CTX, if so I'll be keen as.

There's not really much wrong with the CTX as it is but there's always room to improve. The CTX is getting a bit long in the tooth and is probably due for an upgrade of sorts, though it's still one of the best treasure detectors and will be tough to beat.

My guess is the Equinox will replace the Xterra and/or Explorer range as a mid range treasure detector with more features than the others such as GPS, wireless, switchable frequencies.

Though I'm hoping whatever it is blows the CTX out of the water, I'll get on board early if it does. :D

hAyyoUinAU said:
Minelab: ..a New VLF Hybrid tech an auto switching and simultaneous VLF/BBS system in a platform like nothing weve seen so farthink bicycle helmetsin a really strong carbon fibre plastic mix. .

I don't care what it can do I am not wearing a Detector on my Head :lol: :lol:

That's just Great now we have to wonder about the Bush looking like Martians :lol: :lol:

J.

Pl
Heatho said:
Hopefully it's a more accurate, deeper punching more signal processing power detector than the CTX, if so I'll be keen as.

There's not really much wrong with the CTX as it is but there's always room to improve. The CTX is getting a bit long in the tooth and is probably due for an upgrade of sorts, though it's still one of the best treasure detectors and will be tough to beat.

Though I'm hoping whatever it is blows the CTX out of the water, I'll get on board early if it does. :D

No way!! don't do that to me I only just bought the 30-30.. :( :D ;)

Ridge Runner said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Minelab: ..a New VLF Hybrid tech an auto switching and simultaneous VLF/BBS system in a platform like nothing weve seen so farthink bicycle helmetsin a really strong carbon fibre plastic mix. .

That's just Great now we have to wonder about the Bush looking like Martians :lol: :lol:

J.

I think you read that wrong, I don't think they actually meant wearing anything on your head, more the dome shape of the coil.

Cando said:
Pl
Heatho said:

No way!! don't do that to me I only just bought the 30-30.. :( :D ;)

I wouldn't worry Cando, your 3030 will serve you well no matter what minelab bring out. I'll probably be keeping mine too even if I do buy an Equinox. :Y: :)

hAyyoUinAU said:
Ridge Runner said:
hAyyoUinAU said:

J.

I think you read that wrong, I don't think they actually meant wearing anything on your head, more the dome shape of the coil.

no mate I was just acting the goat, it was not your fault, :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.

Yeah reading about magnetic field generator in the coil has got me intrigued. Lets face it if it can process both the ground and target simultaneously, target ID would be better than anything we have seen to date. Wonder if the coil will be wireless

Funny thing is that my new X-Terra 705 has a USB symbol on the screen that can only be seen during the factory testing mode. Maybe this is something to be added to the X-Terra line in the future perhaps in a VFlex3 model. I could also see this happening if they make a Safari-style Equinox model.

Latest posts