Would it work ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a hand cranked fan blade with a small pulley hooked up to giant pulley with a handle to turn it.
Lot of fan for one turn of handle. No leaf-blower noise or power required.
Regards Ned

Ned said:
How about a hand cranked fan blade with a small pulley hooked up to giant pulley with a handle to turn it.
Lot of fan for one turn of handle. No leaf-blower noise or power required.
Regards Ned
down size the scale, brushless electric r/c motors(99% power efficient/brushed I 'think' is about 60) brushless are very quiet but have
a hiss like a turbo. lipo battereys..

Definately worth experimenting with, I can see some potential with the concept, seperation may be an issue and will require a lot of thought initally prior to building anything. Good luck. Ken.

the 'gold snake' portable mini blower...sale pitch 'deadly on the yella'...

snakes eat rats and hogs..

I am interested because apparently centrifugal force has an exponential effect on some thing according to its specific gravity. So if you spun it fast enough maybe you could dislodge all the other material by using a smaller but higher pressure blast of air. Screening of gravels could be done with grills at a slight angle rising from the center to the sides so the larger bits climb up and out over the sides, smalls continue flat until they are met at side wall with air blast that's also keeps the whole thing spinning.

Thinking a disc at least 1 meter wide side ways u shape around edge with cloth walls.

Goldfreak said:
Thinking a disc at least 1 meter wide side ways u shape around edge with cloth walls.

that's intense, oh the fun to be had tuning it..

20xwater said:

Hahaha, or gold tornado ! Oh I got it, gold Sharknado ! :D

20xwater said:
Goldfreak said:

that's intense, oh the fun to be had tuning it..
That's what the leaf blower might be able to do. I have seen old washing machines that used water pressure from a hose to keep them going. Anyone seen those ?

Goldfreak said:
20xwater said:

best its realevant, 'snake' - hiss of the brushless..

unless your inventing a rolled shark tooth cell matting(blowing dirt out of a grey nurses mouth type thing)..

20xwater said:
Goldfreak said:
20xwater said:

best its realevant, 'snake' - hiss of the brushless..

unless your inventing a rolled shark tooth cell matting(blowing dirt out of a grey nurses mouth type thing)..
A lot of people have brushless drills these days. Could put a nut in the centre it could attach too.

Now that's a better idea, few moving parts :Y:
If you had something like a 44 gal drum pivoted on the circle ends similar to the mulch bins you see at bunnings.
Then perhaps have the drum slightly bigger diameter at one end so the material naturally made it's way to that end.
That opening could then have a bigger catch rim, like a gutter that was bent all the way around the circumference, hopefully, that is where the gold would end up.

Does this add any fuel for ya's???
1500773540_20170723_112440.jpg

1500773558_20170723_112432.jpg

Goldfreak said:
Cool, do you think you could adapt it to run on air ?

Well its got no motor atm but it would need some pressure to keep it going once its full of water and dirt!

ballarat_gold said:
wtf is it ?

Hehe its a gold centrifuge, what I was going to do is put it at the end of the launder, the material goes in, the thing is spinning at a certain revs and the lighter stuff gets thrown out the top and the gold goes to the bottom.
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egik4BPfVX8[/video]

Latest posts