i'm claiming ounce club membership.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markgoldhunter

mark johnston
Reaction score
this piece doesn't look it at the moment but as it is it weighs spot on 2 ounces [62.2 grams] and my limited experience doing specific gravity tests gives me a gold weight of 29.7 grams so i'm claiming that I have made a 1.4 g mistake somewhere along the way and that's final. I will give it a few weeks in ally and do another s.g. test to see how it turns out. and for those who think all the big ones are gone, this was an easy signal only a foot down within 15 k's of one of w.a.'s most popular gold towns. found with a 4500 and 14'' elite. fantastic combo. cheers ...
1504523838_dscf2641.jpg

Still going, it doesn't look much different at the moment and it's been in allybrite on and off for about 4 months now. I think at this rate it will take nearly a year before the gold shows more than the quartz. I pick away at it whenever I've got it out of solution and that is a buzz crushing and panning the bits and I weighed it the other day and the total weight had dropped to 58gms but haven't done another specific gravity test yet. There is definately more gold showing but it's still got a long way to go. My supposedly waterproof camera drowned the other week and I haven't got around to replacing it yet, when I do i'll throw up a progress shot for you. Cheers Mark.

markgoldhunter said:
Still going, it doesn't look much different at the moment and it's been in allybrite on and off for about 4 months now. I think at this rate it will take nearly a year before the gold shows more than the quartz. I pick away at it whenever I've got it out of solution and that is a buzz crushing and panning the bits and I weighed it the other day and the total weight had dropped to 58gms but haven't done another specific gravity test yet. There is definately more gold showing but it's still got a long way to go. My supposedly waterproof camera drowned the other week and I haven't got around to replacing it yet, when I do i'll throw up a progress shot for you. Cheers Mark.
oooh look forward to seeing the progess shot Mark :lol:

Well the camera hasn't completely died yet after all, here ya go-
1521678344_dscf3197.jpg
The black ironstone has all gone but the quartz is stubborn. you can see gold most of the way down the left hand side with a fair lump sticking out near the shadow area and a lot of gold showing in the upper middle of the piece. on the top right corner you can see more gold exposed now that the red crust has gone. There is gold showing on most corners of this piece and they are all connected which is great, we will see what another few months of bathing can do for it. Cheers

Latest posts