NEW TO GOLD DETECTING AND CHOOSING DETECTOR

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sdc is a great machine for a biginner, very compact, tough as nails mine has been dropped a few times and still runs no problems, water proof is realy handy if caught out in a bit of rain, dust proof, great on almost all grounds, and easy to use.

Dan79 said:
Sdc is a great machine for a biginner, very compact, tough as nails mine has been dropped a few times and still runs no problems, water proof is realy handy if caught out in a bit of rain, dust proof, great on almost all grounds, and easy to use.

Yep it suits the beginner and the Pros alike, from a prospecting point of view it is at the top of the tree, There has been about 4 or 5 machines over the last 2 decades that really stand out and have never been bettered and the SDC is one of those machines.

John.

shakergt said:
Julie they don't call the SDC3000 the vacume cleaner for no reason. It finds small gold very very well

awesome.. Shakergt..... vacuum cleaner sounds good... just let me know when they come out with the vacuum for big gold lol lol

Dan79 said:

thanks Dan79. it is sounding like the great all rounder for a beginner that will last some time. I am thinking it is the way to go.. am saving my $$$ now... hopefully once I learn how to do it I will find enough gold to purchase an SDC.... well one could only hope... lol

nero2j said:
shakergt said:
Julie they don't call the SDC3000 the vacume cleaner for no reason. It finds small gold very very well

awesome.. Shakergt..... vacuum cleaner sounds good... just let me know when they come out with the vacuum for big gold lol lol

They have its affectionately known as the Zed...

My dad, who has just recently passed away, used the SD2000. he couldn't use an ATM, struggled with a gps and swore avidly at the lawnmower, but he mastered the 2000. He said, son, the SD stands for slow detecting and he went super slow and ultra low. He lugged that heavy battery around in a pack on his back all day, i use his SD today and it is still a great machine. Here is a pic of some of the gold he found with that detector.

1505828910_dads_gold.jpg

1505829030_dads_gold_2.jpg

PhaseTech said:
The first big gold vaccum came out in the mid 90's, the mighty SD2000

awesome... now we just need to be finding that gold ... :) I am sure it is not an easy task.. I just hope that I do find something in my lifetime.. :)

madtuna said:
PhaseTech said:
The first big gold vaccum came out in the mid 90's, the mighty SD2000

yep...and reading the ads in GG&T I said to myself "nah... marketing hype....won't do anything my XT17000 can't do"

occasionally I still punch myself in the face.

oh no MadTuna... that is what I am hoping not to do... usually I am the one doing that so I feel for you... :( as long as you are still finding gold though I guess. right ????

Secret Squirrels said:
My dad, who has just recently passed away, used the SD2000. he couldn't use an ATM, struggled with a gps and swore avidly at the lawnmower, but he mastered the 2000. He said, son, the SD stands for slow detecting and he went super slow and ultra low. He lugged that heavy battery around in a pack on his back all day, i use his SD today and it is still a great machine. Here is a pic of some of the gold he found with that detector.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7917/1505828910_dads_gold.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7917/1505829030_dads_gold_2.jpg

Secret Squirrels.. thank you.. thank you so much for sharing this with me and my condolences on the passing of your dad. As I sit here tonight reading your post it is the anniversary of my fathers passing 41 years ago.. I was 16months old when he passed due to being assaulted in sydney.. he was 24 years old. So I thank you for sharing this treasured story with me. It has touched my heart and I love that you have these memories of the time on the gold fields that you have been able to share with your dad. thanks again. I will take your story with me as I begin in my search for gold. For me it is not just a search for gold it is about planning some time to myself in the quiet when life is so busy. So I am looking forward to spending some time slowing down myself. Jules

Latest posts