You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

lonewolf26
01 September 2017 03:16 pm

Great thanks again Occasional_panner

Minelab x- terra 705 gold pack

lonewolf26
01 September 2017 03:18 pm

Great ! Thanks again Occasional_panner and all that have responded to my questions. I appreciate it ☺

Swinging & digging
01 September 2017 09:12 pm

MeatyJoe wrote:

I noticed that the Goulburn River is on the exempt list, but many of the titles go to the centre of the river. Is it still exempt to detect the river on the private property with the land owner's permission?

The exclusion includes the Stream Bed and Banks, i think up to 200 feet from the low water edge of the stream.

Occasional_panner
01 September 2017 09:42 pm

Swinging & digging wrote:
MeatyJoe wrote:

I noticed that the Goulburn River is on the exempt list, but many of the titles go to the centre of the river. Is it still exempt to detect the river on the private property with the land owner's permission?

The exclusion includes the Stream Bed and Banks, i think up to 200 feet from the low water edge of the stream.

Don't quote me on it, but I think that's only in nat parks.

Don't worry me with your problems, I have enough of my own.

Swinging & digging
01 September 2017 10:31 pm

There are streams that are not within National Parks that are on the exempted list.
A very good example is the Tambo River in Gippsland of which a good majority is within State Forest.

The exempted list pre dated many of the existing National Parks. i think possibly around 1900?

lonewolf26
02 September 2017 01:47 pm

Sorry for more annoying questions but are most beaches fine for detecting in Victoria? I havent found much info on public areas like that. I know marine sanctuary areas are no go however.

Last edited by lonewolf26 (02 September 2017 01:53 pm)

lonewolf26
02 September 2017 01:48 pm

Thanks swinging & digging for that info. 200ft is fair distance! yikes

Last edited by lonewolf26 (02 September 2017 01:49 pm)

casper
02 September 2017 06:48 pm

Swinging & digging wrote:

There are streams that are not within National Parks that are on the exempted list.
A very good example is the Tambo River in Gippsland of which a good majority is within State Forest.

The exempted list pre dated many of the existing National Parks. i think possibly around 1900?

I'm reading about (to be honest struggling with hmm ) cadstral river and creek boundary lore and law now, the significant dates are 1881 and 1905 (OIC ie Order in council and Act). It's deep.....

" Luck happens when Preparation meets Opportunity " PMAV #M3394

Occasional_panner
03 September 2017 11:10 am

I know. You try and do the right thing, but the deeper you dig into the regulations the more confused you get.
Basically the way I see it is the people who are there to enforce the legislation IE parks rangers, or depi rangers are probably better ones to clarify things with.
You can get put through to the local branch, they are also helpful regarding track conditions too, I have always found them very approachable and happy to help.

Don't worry me with your problems, I have enough of my own.

1 user likes this post: lonewolf26

wombat digger
09 December 2017 12:36 pm

Regarding restricted rivers and streams. Do they mean the whole length of the river? I asume this is right. What about small streams and creeks that feed it. And what about all the popular ones that people do (including as I understand it, clubs) go too that are on the list.

Minelab XT17000, Highbanker, Desert Fox, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 & Pan. Other hobby - Drafting to support prospecting.

tannas
29 September 2018 02:18 pm

lonewolf26 wrote:

Hi all Im in victoria, I'm a newbie and really struggling to figure out where i can and cannot detect. I have the exempted river/creeks list. I also know that most nation parks are out of bounds. All i can find is info that says most state parks are ok? How do i know for sure? Im headed up donnolly creek way soon for a week or so. I know donnollys creek is on the exempted list so does that actualy mean just down in the creek or the edge of it, the bank or what? So sorry if these are stupid questions. Is everywhere else around that area ok eg. White star, morning star area, o'tools ect. Im not expecting to find much im just out to learn and get familiar with my detector. Just worried about doing the wrong thing. Thanks in advance for your help

Hi i was wondering how your adventures went with prospecting in donnelly's creek, and some of its tributaries. We are from lake glenmaggie and have a sdc 2300 recently purchased from minelab and did half day introductory session at Bendigo last week. found only shite pellets but wow the ground is so easy to detect in!

We have spent some time relic finding around Edwards Hill, found a rubbish dump with a few old match tins, broken clay pipes and bottles.

We detected with SDC2300 about 200 meters up concorn creek on the weekend up from store point camp site,and found a tiny nail, screw driver and a metal link. personally i wasnt expecitng much as the ground is most likeley well picked over.

thanks to your post i learnt about the rules in victoria and prospecting! we havent broken any laws yet!

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site