You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

lonewolf26
30 August 2017 10:50 pm

Hi all Im in victoria, I'm a newbie and really struggling to figure out where i can and cannot detect. I have the exempted river/creeks list. I also know that most nation parks are out of bounds. All i can find is info that says most state parks are ok? How do i know for sure? Im headed up donnolly creek way soon for a week or so. I know donnollys creek is on the exempted list so does that actualy mean just down in the creek or the edge of it, the bank or what? So sorry if these are stupid questions. Is everywhere else around that area ok eg. White star, morning star area, o'tools ect. Im not expecting to find much im just out to learn and get familiar with my detector. Just worried about doing the wrong thing. Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited by lonewolf26 (30 August 2017 11:09 pm)

Minelab x- terra 705 gold pack

Occasional_panner
31 August 2017 08:59 am

Have a good read through this.
http://earthresources.vic.gov.au/earth- … cess-rules
And this http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/visit/popular … fossicking

That area isn't really detector friendly, you'll find alluvial in the creeks but most of the gold in that area came from deep mining.

The golden triangle is better suited to detecting.

Don't worry me with your problems, I have enough of my own.

lonewolf26
31 August 2017 12:31 pm

Thanks occasional_panner Ive read and printed out those two links. It just says "most state parks" are fine but i cant get to the bottom of the "most". how do i find out which ones precisely are not ok. We camp in state forrest mostly as we have dogs.

Im interested in coins and relics ect for the most part so was hoping there may be some of that up there in those areas more so than gold. I know there was lots of old townships up there and settlements up that way.

Last edited by lonewolf26 (31 August 2017 12:39 pm)

LoneWolf
31 August 2017 12:39 pm

There is only one LoneWolf Here.... wink This Will cause some Issues.... cool

LW....

Last edited by LoneWolf (31 August 2017 01:03 pm)

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Prospectors United Will Never Be Defeated

3 users like this post: Chuky boy, Gilly47, goody2shoes

BigWave
31 August 2017 12:46 pm

Hi LW26,
Refer to the following site:
http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/visit/popular … fossicking
There are numerous maps attached.

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

lonewolf26
31 August 2017 05:02 pm

Oh dear lol sorry lonewolf i had no idea.great user name you have, great minds so they say? I happy to change my username if some one tells me how lol .☺

Last edited by lonewolf26 (31 August 2017 05:06 pm)

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

LoneWolf
31 August 2017 06:03 pm

Mods will know.... They know Everything... lol devil angel

LW....

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Prospectors United Will Never Be Defeated

1 user likes this post: goody2shoes

Occasional_panner
31 August 2017 06:39 pm

LoneWolf wrote:

Mods will know.... They know Everything... lol devil angel

LW....

BS!

OK anything with park in the name you can't go, state or national.
State forest is ok to prospect in, providing that it does not contravene the exempted rivers list or any of these requirements

"Prohibited Crown land
Prohibited Crown land is land where recreational prospecting is banned and includes land that is:
a park under the National Parks Act 1975 including land that is a national, wilderness, State or other park or reserve or a marine national park or marine sanctuary, except in designated areas of specific parks under that Act (see Permitted Areas in Certain Parks under the National Parks Act);
a declared area for ongoing protection under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006;
a reference area under the Reference Areas Act 1978;
a Deep Lead Nature Conservation Reserve (No. 2) under the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978;
an area exempted by the Minister for Energy and Resources or Minister for Environment, Climate Change and Water; or
an area exempted from recreational prospecting or an extractive industry or otherwise exempted under the Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act 1990 or any other Act."

And if you are unsure about a specific area call the earth resources centre http://earthresources.vic.gov.au/earth- … g/contacts

Occasional_panner
31 August 2017 06:46 pm

Just to add the parks link that Bigwave and I both gave are the parks that you can prospect in, BUT only in the areas marked on the attached maps.
Those are the only parks you can prospect in.

LoneWolf
31 August 2017 06:54 pm

Sorry Op im not talking about where to go, lonewolf26 asked how to change avatar, So I responded to that.... cool

LW...

Occasional_panner
31 August 2017 08:42 pm

LoneWolf wrote:

Sorry Op im not talking about where to go, lonewolf26 asked how to change avatar, So I responded to that.... cool

LW...

That's ok mate, I was saying BS to the mods knowing everything.
Hell even the great panner doesn't know everything, how on earth would the mods have a hope in hell of that task. devil devil devil

Occasional_panner
31 August 2017 08:46 pm

lonewolf26 wrote:

Oh dear lol sorry lonewolf i had no idea.great user name you have, great minds so they say? I happy to change my username if some one tells me how lol .☺

He'll get over it.
There are two states between the wolves, plenty of room. neutral

LoneWolf
31 August 2017 09:59 pm

True Op... lol lol Well may-be I have too much faith in the Mods.... devil ...

I better go into my Corner now... wink

LW...

2 users like this post: Swinging & digging, goody2shoes

Tathradj
31 August 2017 10:36 pm

You got a bee in your bonnet Bloke. kiss

Occasional_panner wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:

LW...

Hell even the great panner doesn't know everything, how on earth would the mods have a hope in hell of that task. devil devil devil

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

7.62marksman
31 August 2017 10:41 pm

LoneWolf wrote:

True Op... lol lol Well may-be I have too much faith in the Mods.... devil ...

I better go into my Corner now... wink

LW...

Might get full in there tonight devil

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----Even a broken clock is right twice a day

2 users like this post: Tathradj, goody2shoes

lonewolf26
31 August 2017 10:43 pm

Thankyou so much everyone for your time and answers. Occasional_panner that was very helpful thankyou. So where im headed to camp soon is state forrest so as long as i stay right away from the excempted rivers, heritage listed spots ect i should be ok:| smile not sure whats up there to find but not to worried while im learning.
Thanks again everyone thumbsup big_smile you all seem great here im glad joined

MeatyJoe
31 August 2017 10:56 pm

I noticed that the Goulburn River is on the exempt list, but many of the titles go to the centre of the river. Is it still exempt to detect the river on the private property with the land owner's permission?

Occasional_panner
31 August 2017 11:35 pm

Tathradj wrote:

Occasional_panner wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:

LW...

Just a bit of tongue in cheek Tath, no one knows everything.

1 user likes this post: Tathradj

Occasional_panner
31 August 2017 11:38 pm

lonewolf26 wrote:

Thankyou so much everyone for your time and answers. Occasional_panner that was very helpful thankyou. So where im headed to camp soon is state forrest so as long as i stay right away from the excempted rivers, heritage listed spots ect i should be ok:| smile not sure whats up there to find but not to worried while im learning.
Thanks again everyone thumbsup big_smile you all seem great here im glad joined

Yes. Basically you'll probably find modern rubbish. If you hook up with the Count http://adventurermaps.com.au/maplist.htm
He'll let you in on some less known areas.

casper
31 August 2017 11:58 pm

MeatyJoe wrote:

I noticed that the Goulburn River is on the exempt list, but many of the titles go to the centre of the river. Is it still exempt to detect the river on the private property with the land owner's permission?

From my research reading - in Victoria (with a few exceptions) watercourses are Crown Land and not subject to freehold. Re the Goulburn River regardless of any abutting private land, prospecting, fossicking and mining operations are not permitted in this River.

casper

" Luck happens when Preparation meets Opportunity " PMAV #M3394

1 user likes this post: Occasional_panner

lonewolf26
01 September 2017 01:08 am

The count? The link goes to a site to buy maps and books ect does this person detect up that way?

LoneWolf
01 September 2017 01:12 am

Tathradj wrote:

Occasional_panner wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:

LW...

That was meant to be 'tongue in cheek' humour..... To be Taken Lightly... Not a go at the Mods.....

I Don't have a Bee in my Bonnet... I have the Whole F$%%$N Hive..... wink tongue lol devil brokenheart
Man I need to get out....

LW....

Last edited by LoneWolf (01 September 2017 01:28 am)

1 user likes this post: Tathradj

LoneWolf
01 September 2017 01:31 am

Didn't realise you Guys in VIC had so many Restrictions.... Thought QLD was bad...

LW....

Occasional_panner
01 September 2017 08:08 am

lonewolf26 wrote:

The count? The link goes to a site to buy maps and books ect does this person detect up that way?

That is run by Count Rudolf Paoletti, he knows that area very well. He'll want to sell you some maps, but he will also have you on the phone for an hour. He's a handy person to talk to.

1 user likes this post: lonewolf26

Occasional_panner
01 September 2017 08:09 am

LoneWolf wrote:

Didn't realise you Guys in VIC had so many Restrictions.... Thought QLD was bad...

LW....

You can use lots of different bits of equipment here, but the places you can use them are very restricted.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site