Dry blower, narrow or wide.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those who have a dry blower is there any advantage/disadvantage in regards to width and number of riffles. Thinking of knocking up a mini puffer.

I think you're in NSW, if so you can't run a power operated dryblower, only a manually operated one.
I have seen videos where the operator has a rope attached to his foot and runs it that way while feeding dirt, but it looks like very little is processed and just too much hard work for little gain.
But if you are going to run a power operated one where you can legally then I'd recommend one powered by a petrol blower, the bellows type that I made is nice and quiet, but it can't handle anywhere near the amount of dirt an air operated one can.
I built one last year, but the ground got too wet for me to operate it, looking forward to this summer.
What was found was that the speed of the stroke is very important and evenly distributing that air across the whole length of the riffle tray with the bellows type it was difficult, that's something that is handled a lot easier with a air operated one.
BTW you may want to contact outback he is making hand operated units soon, can't remember the price I think it was around 500 or so.
Found it https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21526

But to answer the question make it thinner rather than wider, riffles are a bit of an unknown as mine hasn't been tested well. Mine has 19mm al angle bent over to 60deg maybe? It seemed to work recapturing lead filings that were put in the dirt to be processed.

Latest posts