9kg Gympie nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hAyyoUinAU said:
Just because there are no photos to go with the story doesn't mean it doesn't exist. People can be so sceptical. I couldn't see the point in someone ever making up such a story, nothing to gain in it at all.

Soon as Cory told me about it, I believed it.

Let's all just hope there are plenty of lovely surprises out there for us all.

Ahh yes but a picture speaks 1000 words. :Y: :)

Heatho said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Just because there are no photos to go with the story doesn't mean it doesn't exist. People can be so sceptical. I couldn't see the point in someone ever making up such a story, nothing to gain in it at all.

Soon as Cory told me about it, I believed it.

Let's all just hope there are plenty of lovely surprises out there for us all.

Ahh yes but a picture speaks 1000 words. :Y: :)

True, And a word can paint a thousand pictures :)

Well I can tell you one person who didn't find it and that would be me.. jealous damn right. Lol... if it's true. Probably come out of the prospecting tubs at the Gympie Heritage Centre ?

yobskin said:
Im going ghost mode.....

Your getting way to spooky yobs,
Can l call you the Phantom or will l have to bribe you with a hotdog buddy ;) ?

Hahaha just cracked silvers relish....top shelf Italian snags on sour doe rolls..oh my goats...silvers mrs is the bomb.
Send him an order....

Hey folks I'm new to the forum, although I have been reading for some time, lived in and around gympie for the last 14 years. I to have heard about this unique nugget although sceptical it may be real, it has a positive impact on prospecting for everyone who has heard of it. I'm certainly going to be digging more holes on my time off.??

And the tumbleweed rolls through.............

:eek:

This thread has gone as cold as a penguins butt :D :rolleyes:

At the very least, its served its purpose and sparked more interest into prospecting/fossicking :Y: :Y:
I guess in theory its still lining someone's pockets ]:D

Hey mad hatter I think you're my first reply, I'm having dramas using this forum and have just found your reply I'm technically challenged at this point and it may take some time to be a fluent user so any advice would be great ?

Hit the follow topic button at the top of the page ,.... that way when you log on you can just click on topics I'm following to find it again easily.
And welcome to the forum. :)

This nugget exists. I know a person who has personally seen it. He has also commented on this post.
If we no longer see or hear anything, it does not mean it didn't exist.

If you do not believe there is big gold out there still to be found, then that is fine, but misguided. Every gold district has undiscovered gold, just because the ground we swing a detector on says no, doesn't mean there isn't gold deeper. A bit of research and you will be amazed at all the gold that has been missed, and all the geologists who have overlooked areas rich indeed.

Have a read of this, maybe then people will understand a bit more.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/gemhunter/more-gold

Finding a good geologist that can read the ground well is like finding a good mechanic or doctor. And when you do, hold on to them.

"Old mines never die, they are just forgotten".

Hey has anyone heard anything more about this 9kg slug or has it passed on like a memory?

Went down to deep creek before we had all the rain here in gympie ,lowest Ive seen it for years good chance to get into the water coase,found some colour in the first pan set up the sluice and a little bit more came to light. Someone has been digging a shit load of holes all above on the bank, must have been picking up a little bit. Just enough to to keep digging, anyway youve got to be in it to win it, good on em.

Latest posts