Gold Mining Lease access near Clermont Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasko

Matt
Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a 320 acre Gold Mining Lease near Clermont Central Qld offering fossickers, detectorists, campers or outdoor enthusiasts the opportunity to get access.
You can:
- camp anywhere on the lease but must be set up for self sufficient camping
- prospect & keep all gold found
Cost $100 per week for access & camping permit.
Contact Wolf 0422 742 679 or
Email [email protected]

As advertised in GGT magazine. No affiliation & haven't been there to recommend but thought it may be of interest to those going that way.

Is it worth detecting there though? For those who don't know the area is it in an area worth detecting. Obviously there cannot be any guarantees but for people who have to travel a long distance to get there are there real possibilties?

$100 bucks a week for access a camping sounds good either way.
Definitely worth a week if you are there.

Good post mbasko

Rockwall said:
Is it worth detecting there though? For those who don't know the area is it in an area worth detecting. Obviously there cannot be any guarantees but for people who have to travel a long distance to get there are there real possibilties?
Its a gold mining lease.
Clermont area is known for detectable gold.
If you're heading that way it would be worth a shot IMO. Cheaper than staying in town.
Ring the owner for more info on the area & what type of gold is on his lease before you go. Do some research on the general area & make up your own mind before setting off! :Y:
Not sure - stay at home.

Spend a couple of days there in July, lot of ground to swing over with plenty of gullys. Manager of the property recons he has found plenty but we had no luck so far, but to be fair you can only cover so much in 2 days and much of that is spent scouting the ground. It's a place we will certainly be back to and it's cheap enough to camp there if you like the peace of the bush.

looks like a really nice spot actually!

1517686673_clermontlease02.jpg

I could be reading the maps wrong, but I think this lease is pretty much the middle of Birimgan east GPA, so there is access just can't stay there.
I may be reading the maps wrong?
Matt T

Haha yep missed that key piece of information. He clearly did ok as he has no other posts ?

Hey guys i know its probably a old post but i have the updated contact info for new owner and he does allow prospectors he's changed price and other things however you can call Barrie on xxxxxxxxxx to find out more info.
No priv. no's on the open forum.

Hiays, for those wanting to know, Cockatoo is now called 1870, run by Leigh McGrath and Donnie Pascoe as a Pay for Fossicking Training area.
Either look up Facebook for Passcoelands Prospecting, or GPT GOLD Pty Ltd Clermont Queensland Facebook pages.

Latest posts