Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.62marksman said:
Thanks RR i will add that to my ever growing list of gear to pick up :lol: :lol:

If you can't get it there I will send you some, I can get it in a lot longer lengths and it is cheap too. and comes in many different Bore sizes too,

John.

7.62, If you have a Refrigeration or Air-con company in your Area, they should be able to sort out your issue...

RR we also used that type of Lagging... Mainly on Freezer Piping.. Armaflex on Air-con Pipes.... :Y: and wrap the whole thing in Duct tape....

LW....

7.62marksman said:
No worries mate i will let you know
I am looking for a good 12v heater any ideas would be good ]:D ]:D ]:D

Well I like the looks of this little devil, seems to be a winner.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150W-300W...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

But one of these might be the better option because you can get them in different sizes IE lengths and some of them only use about 30 watts but you will need to plug it in to an inverter,

This on is a 60 watt version and the others are listed there too, but I know of a place that makes ones that use less power Ok,
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p3...=32265&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvsTg492B1gIVCLvtCh1C

I have a Gas cartridge version of this on but this one runs on cartridges or a larger Gas bottle, On the Cartridges they will run up to 5 hours but on the big bottles they will run for about 200 hours,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2in1-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

hope this helps,

John.

7.62marksman said:
I have one like the last one never used it yet will have to give it a run

Well try it out and let me know if you can turn it down so the flame goes really low, because they can be set up 2 ways, ONE it can be set where it just goes to a preset level and TWO they can be made so they are totally Variable which takes the run time from 2.5 to 3.5 hours but when set right they can and will run for over 5 hours when set to the lowest setting and they have an automatic CO2/Low Oxygen Shut Off. They put out 1.3 Kw of heat on maximum and can heat a room that is 5mX5m (16' X 16') so they are very good, and If you have any Issue with the clamp that holds the bottom of the cartridge Just put a bend in it and then bend the bottom of the clamp towards the direction of the cartridge and it will last for years, I have used mine for the last 2 winters and it has used well over 100 cartridges so it will do what you want, in fact it will easy heat a largish caravan up to 18 to 20 foot.

hope that helps.

John.

I looked at those little 12v heaters, they put out so little heat they are almost useless, but in that little trailer it might be an option.
You would need to run it on full to get any effect. 300w @12v is 25amps, that's quite a bit to draw from a battery, you don't want to down past 50% charge so do the maths on how many batteries you'll need. Then take into account the extra weight they will add. 100AH deep cycle will only run it for 2 hours to get it to 50%.

Running a gas heater in a confined space will be a tad risky for carbon monoxide poisoning, you can't smell it and it just puts you to a sleep you don't wake up from.

Diesel heater will be great, but your bill is already looking like it's gone past budget.

When you look at different heating options there is no cheap or easy method. :(

Occasional_panner said:
I looked at those little 12v heaters, they put out so little heat they are almost useless, but in that little trailer it might be an option.
You would need to run it on full to get any effect. 300w @12v is 25amps, that's quite a bit to draw from a battery, you don't want to down past 50% charge so do the maths on how many batteries you'll need. Then take into account the extra weight they will add. 100AH deep cycle will only run it for 2 hours to get it to 50%.

Running a gas heater in a confined space will be a tad risky for carbon monoxide poisoning, you can't smell it and it just puts you to a sleep you don't wake up from.

Diesel heater will be great, but your bill is already looking like it's gone past budget.

Those little Gas heaters have a Low Oxygen / Co2 cut off sensor so they are pretty safe.

J.

I think you can get stuff like that here...If I'm not wrong. :p My mate used stuff like that for a plunger in his gold sucker...that thing would suck the socks out'a yer gumboots! 8) ..very similar stuff..just say'n. :cool:

Ridge Runner said:
Occasional_panner said:

Those little Gas heaters have a Low Oxygen / Co2 cut off sensor so they are pretty safe.

J.
Hmmmmmm OK I would talk to a gas plumber about running a gas appliance in a confined area where the intake AND exhaust are inside that confined area.
Certainly not a situation I'de put my family in.

Occasional_panner said:
Ridge Runner said:
Occasional_panner said:

J.
Hmmmmmm OK I would talk to a gas plumber about running a gas appliance in a confined area where the intake AND exhaust are inside that confined area.
Certainly not a situation I'de put my family in.

Yes, I would always fit a skylight or one of those spinning roof vents just to be safe, I also fit those battery Co2 alarms just to make sure every one is safe, because even the best of gadgets fail at some point.

John.

Latest posts