Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Secret Squirrels said:
davent said:
My PVC pipe on my trailer holds 45lt.
Has a tap an all, lol. Can a roof rack go on the canopy?
Top project Ken.
What size and length to hold 45lt davent?

Nice job and a top bloke you are sir :Y:

Will measure tomorrow, about 3m long,and about ....not sure dia, maybe 100mm wide?

1503581757_img_20170824_230102.jpg

1503581782_img_20170824_230311.jpg

Yeah thats 100mm stormwater, do you have any air release valve so it fills properly or not needed?

Oh and how does the sun affect the quality of the water? (bloody shift key lol)

Don't need it, although when I open the tap, I need to unscrew the filler lid to get a good flow.
Water stays good, warms up in the sun, bear in mind its always in the 30s here, 34 today. I use the tube as a shower,dish washing etc, but can drink it no worries.
I fill it with a garden hose through athe cap you can see on top. Carry a shortish hose and fittings on long trips, fill up at a servo if need to.
It takes just over 2 full 20lt water here s, 45-50 Lt.
Also carry 60lt in water Jerry's as well as a 10 Lt cooler. More than enough for me.

Its held in place by 2 U clamps, tape is just there to stop it twisting around, the U clamps really need to have some padding under them. But it works really well. When it gets a bit low, just jack up the jockey wheel, and all is good, tap is at the rear.

Nice and chilled campsite mate :Y: Thanks for the info, don't worry about the length measurement, i'll find a converter in wonderland ]:D i'll test out a non return air valve to give it pressure as it empties.

Ok thanks SS
so no fuel on the draw bar so it will go on the left side near the guard only small 10lt so all good easy fix
Thanks for the info on the water its better and a lot simpler then the one i have and more cost effective
Thanks for all the input guys its been a great help

An NRV breather is the way to go :Y: that way you won't leave the filler cap loose and drive off loosing water.

100mm pvc pipe will hold 7.8 litres per metre.... 150mm will hold 17.7 litres per metre... Hope this helps... ;) Or mount a water tank between the axle and the floor... And Water is 1kg per Litre.... :Y:

LW...

Ok so this will sound like its a fitting for a suit
So today we had the fitting :D to see how snug it was all welds are tack welds only and held with G clamps just in case the tack gives way (safety first :8 :8 )
the back right hand rear bracket is 5mm out so it was removed and redone (the welder is a fussy bugger :| :| )
1503646724_20170825_1401591.jpg

1503646753_20170825_1402131.jpg

1503646858_20170825_1000111.jpg

oops how did that get in here :8 :8 :8 :8 The Turtle flying the colors ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D (NO i dont drive with them on there)

Thanks for the lunch and tour of the complex Ken!. :cool: Was good to round' the corner...and see the
Cross of the South.. streaming out proud and brave... ]:D... Not.. usurped, :mad: under the false banner of some far right group of thugs!.It obviously takes a special person to administer the litany of people who come through your doors but seeing the impact of your influence on the faces of some of your sub-ordinates is proof of your great work and know how...more credit to you. :Y: :Y: Oh boy! roll-on October and thanks for the incite.Rossco. :D :D :cool: .

Secret squirrels that pipe is 100mm pipe but its not stormwater pipe its sewer grade .IF you go to the plumbing supplier and ask for stormwater pipe they will sell you 90 mm stormwater pipe much thinner wall thinkness , need to ask for 100mm dwv sewer or at least look at all the different types and sizes and find what suits your needs

:Y: :Y: mate they melted in the mouth could eat some more but she only makes them for special occasions
and she recons that reefer coming down for lunch was one of them 8.( 8.( 8.( :lol: :lol:

Latest posts