Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah!...yOU GOT ME....the game is up!... :lol: :lol: ]:D ..Yeah he can't help himself the big softy...the bloke is a push over...just stage a bit of a slide..scream out blue murder on the 2way...bingo new look for the van..LMAO ]:D ]:D
Well people Ihave pics of the days labour but my beloved Dragons are play
in so The post will come soon after the game :lol: :lol: :cool: ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D Everybody ..breath in...that's it......
now hold it. 8) :cool:

Well here we go...first up is a pic of the left hand top corner damage which took the initial force of the collision with the gum tree!...will get to the repair as a final job..
1520506641_019.jpg

As you can see in the pic below I am in fantastic condition and the anomaly here is the angle at which the sun was shining and the position of my wife who snuck around from my blind side and took this pic...the lower protuberance in my abdomen ...is a trick of the light! ]:D ]:D ..plus 70 years of the effects of Gravity ]:D ]:D meantime I had been hard at work sanding the new door....for three hours.Phew!
1520507185_022.jpg

After one more hour of fine sanding and rubbing back a few factory imprints heres the new door...what do you think...very Retro if you ask me...Can't wait to break out the varnish and lacquer it up :p ..but don't be fooled if you think that's going to be the completed finish... ]:D ]:D I'll leave you to ponder what might be the final 'look'.
1520507600_024.jpg

and heres a closer look at the grain and a clue as to what may eventuate ..you just never know what magic may happen.
1520507900_025.jpg

In this pic below you can see the damage..well some of it and you can see it's mainly to the molding.. the new piece is just sitting there and that's the next job as well as repair the bottom left corner plate.
1520508262_026.jpg
1520508284_027.jpg

So all in all it's been a fun day.We will concentrate on sorting out the external damage..and then there's a couple of jobs inside...I'll let you all have squiz of the internals when were through with the outside..meantime..Keep your guard up.! ]:D Cheers Rossco.

HAHA..Ken..Just caught up with tour last post! :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Well yesterday was a non-event as far as the repair goes.Ken Had clued me up on where the rear end timber had to go..but I stuffed up!... :p :mad: So today I had to undo all of yesterday'
1520678810_002.jpg
s work and start again.
In doing so I have found that there is an anomaly in the Square of the trailer..hardly surprising! but the extent of it is glaringly obvious in the pic above. Where the rear end section once was..it is now 30 mm forward! and this meant dealing with that cross member in the frame. At least now the door fits reasonably flush to the stop end section and with the addition of the weather seal, she'll be apples! :p
Moving to the damaged molding on the collision side,I have cut away the damaged section and with a little filler and lick of paint...she'll be apples!. :p
1520680061_003.jpg

The pics below show a glimpse of the repair to the rear end and .I had to mask up the door for a spray of laguer to the timber and to keep the inside section free of spray so as to apply the weather seals as a last job...that's all I can say at this time..but there's still a bit to do yet both inside and out so bear with us as we move on to the inside and reveal the problems we face in there...Cheers!
1520679647_004.jpg

1520679676_005.jpg

Yeah Ken it's all a little daunting when after such a hard impact, there is distortion every which way but loose.!'
But there is still room for a little adjustment here and there to make things appear much more even overall..it's all a matter of humouring it here and there. ]:D The exponent of the @%$$#*&^!^@%$ is expected tomorrow if he does not, be sure to get the Mercury on Monday!....PENSIONER GOES BERSERK!....

:Y: All good! :Y: He will get the necessary info on the morrow. ]:D Off to bed...will post tomorrow night if all goes as planned. :Y:

So the day went well.My son Shaun...Aka...Shaun Langlands Air-Brushing...came to put the feature on the door.
Ken and I have been having a bit of fun in building a little 'atmosphere' by talking in code... :p :lol: :lol: So I HOPE!...We didn't come across as complete raving idiots :rolleyes: ]:D So below is the....@#$%^^*&*@#@... ]:D ]:D ...there is still a little more to do with it but that's mainly confined to the outer finish..as it was a bit difficult with the wind blowing to get the pic centred and symmetrical to the outer shape..if you know what I mean.I won't go into what I plan to do to address that but should obtain that symmetry and complement the overall effect.Below is firstly the overall look and secondly..is a close up of the work done today by my youngest son Shaun-Adran...named after a friend who was tragically killed in a motor accident 53 years ago.You can contact Shaun on his facebook page...Shaun Langlands Airbrushing.
1520756477_009.jpg

1520756531_008.jpg

Latest posts