Project: Camper Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
Well the boys and girls are getting restless at work so its time to start a project
Spoke to a member on here (if he wishes to let it be known who he is then thats up to him) and we threw a few ideas around and came up with an idea that will make his life a bit easier out in the bush
A bit of information
every now and then i will choose a project to do
this one is turning a trailer into a camper trailer that can be converted back to a trailer by one person in a few minutes
The deal is the Company will not pay for anything everything must be up to me to source and supply
I have the following semi retired people work for me
Boiler Maker will do all the welding however he must teach the young ones how to measure, cut and weld both stick and mig
Sparkie will do all electrics same thing he must teach the young ones how to do it safely
Painter will do all prep and painting same thing he must teach the young ones how to do it
So here we go
so far we have
Canopy
Trailer (supplied by member) More holes then swiss cheese :lol: :lol: :lol: )
All steel for the job
all wiring and switches
internal and external lighting LED
solar pannel
Battery
Panadol
and most important First aid kit and fire fighting gear (if you read some of my posts you will understand why)
Have the measurements for all the other stuff he takes with him generator fuel etc etc
First job was to straighten the trailer and panel beat (had to use a two bigger hammers photo 4)
Remove old solar panel and start cleanup/polish canopy
1503484163_2.jpg

Had to add the stickers
1503484191_6.jpg

Trailer condition 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(
1503484215_8.jpg

Use a bigger hammer :D :D
1503484238_13.jpg

High tech measuring devices to work out the height for head room while sitting on the bed
1503484417_101_68832.jpg

Ok so we have started
once all the measurements are done we will start welding all the holes and finish panel beating rubbing back ready for painting

You are KING 7.62marksman :Y: your generosity is incredible :Y:. And to give young people a chance to learn from experienced qualified people while working on a project that will leave them with a sense of achievement is nothing short of brilliant :Y:.

I'm nominating you as PA member of the year :Y: :Y:

Thanks mate :8 one project was to convert a caravan into a emergency services food van took us 30 days from start to rego on the road (up to health requirements by council )
It could be run by 4 people and We could feed 800 people per hour out of it
Rebuilt 4 trailers
Painted one car
Service cars for people thet cant afford it (they supply oil and filters)
As you say i do it so the young ones learn something seems to work most times ]:D

7.62marksman said:
Sounds good one stop teacher :lol: :lol:

Well I had my own panel shop and speed shop before I came over here so I know my way around a toolbox and a spray gun and I have built a few small cranes and Bullbars and Roll bars etc.

John.

RM OUTBACK!..I SECOND THE NOMINATION!..You see..it's for me. :cool: Ken's generosity is indeed incredible :eek:
I have attempted..a number of times, to explain my gratitude..but it always comes out all warm and fuzzy and not at all blokey! :8 As I get older..and poorer..I find I am no longer able to tangle myself up in my sleeping bag inside my Prado, despite an old mattress to even out some of the bumps and I invariably don't get very good sleep and end up with a kink in me..well everything :eek: Meeting Ken and slowly getting to see what makes him tick
has been a Godsend to me. His GENEROSITY, knowledge and ability, his know-how and versatility..is just as you said, incredible.
So I am waiting with bated breath to see the final job..and I will hit the 'The Diggins' with pride and purpose restored.And that's the greatest gift you can give to anyone! :/ As well as a bottle of the Black Douglass! :p :cool: ]:D ]:D Rossco.

WHAT ABOUT THE SECOND NIGHT!.. ]:D ]:D ]:D HEHE!..i'm a Bourbon Boy myself..though appreciate most whiskies, am partial to moonshine, tequila,and a nice drop of red! :p All in moderation.. of course!..and then only for medicinal purposes ;) and then ..when I'm really sick there's mushrooms, funny little buggers with golden tops and toadstools!..oh I love toadstools!... and pills... cheaper than booze.. make you feel like ..like.. Frank Sinatra! ]:D ]:D ..and then...I wake up!..usually about half -past one..just in time for a beer o'clock...oh we'll have fun mate!..haha! :lol: :Y: ]:D Rossco!.. Sit down mate..yeah just there by the tree mate... :Y:

Latest posts