I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metal Type Scrap Metal Prices Australia
Copper $4.00 to $6.00 per Kilo
Mixed Copper $5.00 to $7.00 per Kilo
Copper Wire $1.50 to $2.00 per Kilo
Aluminium $0.20 to $1.50 per Kilo
Aluminium Cans $0.10 to $0.20 each
Clean Brass $1.50 to $2.50 per Kilo
Mixed Brass $2.50 to $4.50 per Kilo
Stainless Steel $0.75 to $2.00 per Kilo
Iron $0.08 to $0.16 per Kilo
Titanium $2.80 to $4.00 per Kilo
Gold $16.00 to $50.00 per Gram
Silver $0.26 to $0.52 per Gram
Platinum $30.00 to $50.00 per Gram
Lead $0.80 to $2.00 per Kilo
Car Battery $5.00 to $10.00 each
Truck Battery $7.50 to $15.00 each
Clean Radiator $3.00 to $4.00 per Kilo
Mixed Radiator $1.50 to $2.50 per Kilo
:(

Types / Grades
Different grades and varieties of bronze and brass scrap are used for recycling and to recover pure metal from the scrap. Given in the table below are some of the important grades / types of bronze / brass used in recycling -

Grades Details
Mixed Brass & Bronze This grade comprises of assorted clean brass and bronze solids.
Refinery Brass It consists of a minimum of 61.3% copper and a maximum of 5% iron. It also includes copper, brass and bronze alloyed metal. The grade should be free of non-metallic materials.
Red Brass Solids It includes red brass solids scrap and may consists of valves, machinery bearings and other red brass solids, consisting mainly of copper with tin/lead/zinc alloys.
Red Brass Turnings It consists of borings, turnings and grindings from red brass solids.
Old Yellow Brass It includes sheet, tubing, rod and castings, including plated materials. It should be free of aluminum bronze or manganese bronze.
New Brass Clips It consists of unleaded yellow brass clippings including 70/30 clips.
Yellow Brass Turnings It consists of yellow brass turnings, grindings and borings.
C Metal It consists of sorted red brass plumbing cocks.
C&F Metal (cocks & faucets) This grade comprises of mixed clean red and yellow brass plumbing cocks and faucets, including nickel/chrome plated parts. It should be free of zinc die cast and aluminum parts.
Clean Auto Radiators It includes iron free mixed copper / brass automotive radiators. It may not include aluminum radiators. Typical composition is 70 % copper, 3-3.5 % tin, 7-8 % lead and 10-11 % zinc.
Unclean Auto Radiators It comprises of mixed copper / brass automotive radiators with iron frame or supports still intact. It may not include iron finned rads or aluminum rads.
Heater Cores It comprises of clean copper / brass automotive heater core radiators.
Aluminum Bronze Solids It comprises of aluminum bronze alloy solids with a typical analysis of 78-90% copper, 1-5% iron, 8.5-11.5% aluminum and may include up to 5% nickel.
Aluminum Bronze Turnings It comprises of aluminum bronze alloy turnings, grindings or borings.
Nickel Silver Solids This grade comprises of clean nickel / silver alloys and includes sheet, rod and castings. It may not include other alloys or foreign materials.
Nickel Silver Turnings It includes nickel / silver alloy turnings, borings and grindings.
Manganese Bronze Solids It comprises of manganese bronze alloy scrap with a minimum of 55% copper and a maximum of 1% lead.
Manganese Bronze Turnings This grade includes turnings, borings or grindings of manganese bronze alloy scrap.
Brass Wire Nodules It comprises of clean brass wire nodules from a chopping or shredding operation.
Clean Brass Wire It comprises of clean brass wire free of aluminum and other foreign materials.
Insulated Brass Wire Insulated brass wire consists of plastic insulated brass wire.
Mixed Wire Connectors It includes mixed coated (plated) and uncoated electrical wire connectors.
Brass & Bronze Dross Brass and bronze dross include brass and bronze slags and skimmings from melting operations.
Irony Brass & Bronze It includes brass and bronze solids with a maximum iron content of 10%.
Other Brass & Bronze It includes brass and bronze materials, which are nor included in other grades.

Big difference though if you want to buy it off of the scrappo instead of sellin it to them. O:)

I used to save all my bullet shell casings as the brass was always welcomed by the dealer as having a recognized quality and I usually got a bit more for it. At the time I wasn't thinking of being a benefit to detectorists and save them time and effort looking for the elusive prize. But I hope I saved someone a dig or two. As regards lead, I'ld be saving it either to sell or recycle into fishing sinkers.

Time to get back to the trashy areas i have left for the day i finally got this.. 6" little sniper coil
1558505089_img_7939.jpg

I reckon you'll find a heap more treasures in spots you thought were done to death, I've been using it for a couple of months now and it's a weapon on the little coins, buttons and relics in junky spots.

Latest posts