I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whisp said:
The musket ball looks like it was fumbled and dropped, its never been shot through a rifle.

yep thats what i was thinking. My first like it. All my others ive found have hit or nicked targets

tailormarc said:
ChrisD said:
Dream site there for sure. Love the Gothic Florin in particular. Looking forward to next weekends finds :D .

yep and only just scratching the surface we will be here for years!

Are these treasures all from the same site ?
If that lot was mine I wouldve thought that Id died and gone to heaven !!! Great Work :clap:

Rattail-1927 said:
tailormarc said:
ChrisD said:
Dream site there for sure. Love the Gothic Florin in particular. Looking forward to next weekends finds :D .

yep and only just scratching the surface we will be here for years!

Are these treasures all from the same site ?
If that lot was mine I wouldve thought that Id died and gone to heaven !!! Great Work :clap:

they sure are. All the same site and loads more to go. I had a chat with the property owner and begged him to keep it all for me & Lisa and gave him a few finds as well as wine and choclates. He is now a good friend and the area is all ours for as long as we like. Lost cound how many times i said to Lisa " I cant believe how great this spot is"
We could do this area for the next 10 yrs and still turn up stuff each weekend. We basically dont need anymore detecting locations for at least 10 yrs :)

The good thing about getting permissions are the leads you get to other sites around the area, and the contacts to go with them - not that sounds like you need any extra ground at this stage. ;)

Looking forward to see what else turns up, if the Gothic Florin is anything to go by, should be some good quality gear coming from that site. :D

tailormarc said:
Whisp said:
The musket ball looks like it was fumbled and dropped, its never been shot through a rifle.

yep thats what i was thinking. My first like it. All my others ive found have hit or nicked targets

It does not look grey enough and is maybe too perfect to be a MB, in not lead then maybe a ball bearing?

Jungleuk said:
tailormarc said:
Whisp said:

It does not look grey enough and is maybe too perfect to be a MB, in not lead then maybe a ball bearing?

could be that colour from the sany it was found in. Its lead forsure :)